Can I turn off the tree?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adric22

I think it is a terrible waste of dashboard space and gets quite irritating watching it. I don't suppose there is a way to disable it?

Drivesolo said:
+1

I find it annoying and think that it is a waste of prime instrumentation real estate.
+2 and not very helpful to drive efficiently. What matters are the miles/kWh and real-time power screens. My vote would be to move these two displays into this prime real estate and bury the trees deep in the instrument forest.

The "World ECO-forest" graph in Carwings has been broken for awhile now. I think they just don't like that USA has taken the lead ;)

i am not a fan of the tree, but the circle around it seems to give real-time efficiency data to the driver.
I see, however, that it does not like cruise control.

does know precisely what it is telling us?

The efficiency circle algorithm is silly. Put the car in neutral and press down on the accelerator and you will see the efficiency drop considerably!

thankyouOB said:
i am not a fan of the tree, but the circle around it seems to give real-time efficiency data to the driver.

thankyouOB said:
I see, however, that it does not like cruise control.

does know precisely what it is telling us?

The circle around the tree appears to have a significant lag compared to the other displays that provide essentially the same information. I think that can be very misleading.

I don't like the fact that the tree resets every time you re-start the car. I do think a better (and smarter and more attractive) option would be just to put the tree display on one of the Energy Info tabs in the NAV system.

However, it is "fun" (my wife really loves it and tries to get a "little tree" by the time she gets to work) and it doesn't really appear to be "taking up real estate". What would you put there instead?

lpickup said:
What would you put there instead?

Anything.. A compass, SOC, motor RPM, maybe something that shows if you are on an incline and how much, current radio station, etc.

Here's an even better idea. If the idea is for you to conserve power, how about permanently displaying your average Miles/KWH.

planet4ever said:
I want the electric motor and climate control graphs there, from the console "Energy Usage" screen. Or at least the climate control, since the circles below that give a rough idea of the electric motor usage.

Ray

I'm with Ray, If I can see some direct feedback on energy use, I can learn to optimize it. The "bubbles" on the lower part somewhat do this, but I'd rather see that up top, and the trees buried in the head unit LCD.

-Phil

lpickup said:
What would you put there instead?

I have thought "miles since charged" is a glaring omission in Leaf instrumentation, but haven't seen many comments on that. Sure you can reset the trip odometer each day, but I never remember. While you're at it, display the last charge percentage. Maybe they don't want to draw attention to the variability in the miles you get on a charge.

LTLFTcomposite said:
I have thought "miles since charged" is a glaring omission in Leaf instrumentation, but haven't seen many comments on that. Sure you can reset the trip odometer each day, but I never remember. While you're at it, display the last charge percentage. Maybe they don't want to draw attention to the variability in the miles you get on a charge.
This is a good point. I'd love it if they auto-reset one of 2 trip odometers at charge time.

-Phil

LTLFTcomposite said:
I have thought "miles since charged" is a glaring omission in Leaf instrumentation, but haven't seen many comments on that. Sure you can reset the trip odometer each day, but I never remember.
That's pure habit with me. Left hand middle finger and pointer finger poke and hold the bottom left and top right buttons at the same time in the group of four (I don't even remember which does what any more), then my hand moves on down and pops the charge port door. Since I always have the "Energy Economy" display showing in the dash, that resets m/kWh and the trip odometer.

Ray

Back