Can't read leaf spy data

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docj

I bought leaf spy pro along with the recommended lelink obd scanner. My phone is an android pixel 7a. It will NOT see the scanner no matter what I or my really computer savvy daughter did. My Google play store does not show the "lelink" app my friend's I phone reads my data easily. What to do? I looked on Amazon and found a few reasonably priced android only OBDs including kit best and Veepeak. A user on kitbest site wrote that the kit best scanner worked with leaf spy but did not specify pro. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you very much in advance, Jerry

I use a cheap (relative) Samsung A13 for LeafSpy. It's dedicated to OBD apps in multiple vehicles and I don't even keep a SIM in it.

So Android is alive and well with LeafSpy.
In the Leaf I use a cheap Kiwi Bluetooth adapter I purchased in the past. LeafSpy sees it as:

1000020773.jpg

I bought leaf spy pro along with the recommended lelink obd scanner. My phone is an android pixel 7a. It will NOT see the scanner no matter what I or my really computer savvy daughter did. My Google play store does not show the "lelink" app my friend's I phone reads my data easily. What to do? I looked on Amazon and found a few reasonably priced android only OBDs including kit best and Veepeak. A user on kitbest site wrote that the kit best scanner worked with leaf spy but did not specify pro. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you very much in advance, Jerry
Are you trying to connect in your phone's Bluetooth settings menu, or are you searching for the LELink dongle in LeafSpy?

Important difference. Look for it in LeafSpy if you're not.

I think Android doesn't play with Leafspy now. Only my old tablet from 6 years ago works with it now.
I’ve been noticing Google stuff in general is wandering as far away as they can from standards while still paying them lip service much like Microsoft did with C sharp. I’m having more and more trouble with Firefox.
“Don’t be evil” seems to be dead and gone. I switched to iPhone. Apple seems to actually be the least evil lately (horrifying thought. They haven’t gotten much better. Arguably worse)

The for-profit corporate model seems to be “be as evil as possible till the villagers come with torches then try to talk your way out of it while changing as little as possible. If anything”

Last edited:
Back