Car Cover?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VentusEU

I'm a new 2013 SV owner looking to buy a good car cover.

It seems that several cover manufacturers don't list the 2013 model. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me if there are any differences between the two model years that would affect the car cover fit.

Thanks!

You should look at CoverQuest.com they have very good quality car covers. They can also tell you if the year make any difference.

Thanks for the response.

I sent an e-mail to CoverKing (a cover vendor I've had good luck with over the years) and asked about the 2013. I still haven't heard a response, so I the asked the dealer to verify whether any changes from the 2012 t0 2013 models would affect the cover fit. They got back to me the next day and said that the 2012 cover would work without any problem.

When I get the cover, I'll post the results...

Thanks,

SF

Langford said:
You should look at CoverQuest.com they have very good quality car covers. They can also tell you if the year make any difference.

CoverQuest.com has no option for choosing a LEAF in the drop down menu or when you put "leaf" in the box.

I ended up getting a custom fit CoverCraft from AutoBarn. They were less that buying it directly from CoverCraft and they had an online coupon. CoverCraft does not want to undermine there dealers so they charge a higher price. Took about 2 1/2 weeks to get it because they special make them for the LEAF. They did have a $25 option of a guaranteed 4 day build with faster delivery but I did not choose that option. After discount it was around $165 or so shipped. they have cheaper ones as well.

Have not put it on yet. It is supposed to have the front flap for charging and a pocket for the antenna. There is another company that sounds similar to CoverCraft (Cover something or other) and they are located in Southern California. They make one with a flap for the SL with the solar panel.

I have an SV with no solar panel and chose CoverCraft (but bought from AutoBarn at their suggestion) because they were really nice at the company, answered all my questions and even joked around with me on the phone.

The other company in SoCal took forever to answer the phone, were kind of distant in attitude (although pleasant and professional) but I didn't get a personal connection like i did with the other CoverCraft. They also had to custom make the LEAF covers so it would take 2 to 3 weeks also.

Back