Cars.com: Selling Our Nissan Leaf Was, Well, Weird

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwerdna

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2012/11/selling-our-nissan-leaf-was-well-weird.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sticker-priced at $35,665 as equipped when new, our loaded 2011 Nissan Leaf SL with 11,000 miles sold for $19,000 last week after 48 days of tepid interest. This represents depreciation of 47% ... but that doesn't tell the whole story...
I originally stumbled across http://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/automotive/sns-selling-our-nissan-leaf-was-well-weird-20121126,0,2747432.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; thanks to the Flipboard app (running on my iPad 2), I believe in the Auto channel.

Maybe this thread in the future can be just a compilation/discussion thread for various car sites/magazines selling their Leafs?

Sheesh... if I'd known about it, I might've jumped on it. That seems like a bargain except I'd be concerned about corrosion from the salt on the roads there vs. a CA car.

Curious...but did you receive tax incentive when you originally purchased?

(Obvious Alert) I believe these federal rebates help upfront but have over inflated manufacturer price at dealer and values in the long term. Steep incentives are going to really hurt Resale.

IF you took advantage of any tax incentive, you have to factor this in to your loss equation.

SeattleBlue said:
Curious...but did you receive tax incentive when you originally purchased?

(Obvious Alert) I believe these federal rebates help upfront but have over inflated manufacturer price at dealer and values in the long term. Steep incentives are going to really hurt Resale.

IF you took advantage of any tax incentive, you have to factor this in to your loss equation.
I don't have a Leaf yet (long story), but the incentives definitely make resale value calculations odd/tricky.

They (cars.com) didn't receive the $4K IL tax incentive but I'm guessing they received the $7.5K Federal tax credit.

Back