Carwing problem on a New 13SV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freshleaf

I register on the CARWINGS site, got the login and pwd but the NAV/MENU screen cant connect to the service center.
I did read about Telematic Unit need to be turned ON by Dealer, Is that true or it takes time for first time activation.
I havent received any Email from them either, Should i wait more. Do have good ATT signal where I live..
Does it use 2G or 3G service from ATT or 4G LTE.

freshleaf said:
I register on the CARWINGS site, got the login and pwd but the NAV/MENU screen cant connect to the service center.
I did read about Telematic Unit need to be turned ON by Dealer, Is that true or it takes time for first time activation.
I havent received any Email from them either, Should i wait more. Do have good ATT signal where I live..
Does it use 2G or 3G service from ATT or 4G LTE.

Make sure you are not using your CARWINGS userid/password, but rather the CARWINGS "pin" (i.e. username) and CARWINGS password shown on your vehicle profile on the CARWINGS web site. IIRC, the password is assigned to you--it's not one that you choose.

yes I am using the userid and pwd which carwing site gave me after I register their.
its a pwd of not my choice but given to me in a pop up window and instructions how to input
on the Menu screen.

Try again and it failed again, I read somewhere that CARWING uses ATT 2G Network, If I done have 2G coverage then it wont work. But If I have 3G coverage then I would think I should have 2G too..

Or i have to wait for some email for confirmation ?

Not sure. Did you verify that your VIN actually matches what you signed up for CARWINGS with? I know some people that were assigned a VIN but actually got a different VIN when their car actually arrived.

Yes I entered the Correct VIN and verified that my Nissan account has the correct VIN.
Call my Sales guy he told me he checked it and it takes up to 4 Days for CARWING to register my VIN.
They already assigned me the PIN/PWD but they have to register too so their system would know who I am when i try to link via LEAF NAV/MENU...

freshleaf said:
Call my Sales guy he told me he checked it and it takes up to 4 Days for CARWING to register my VIN.
Normally I wouldn't believe anything a sales guy told me, but maybe that's it. EVERYTHING about CARWINGS is slow. IT is clearly not Nissan's core competency.
I had my VIN about a month before my car actually came so there was plenty of time for it to "take".

Carwing should work right away.

However, on mine they never activated telematics. Technician at the service department has to plug a laptop into the dash and do something that takes about one minute, and you're good to go.

If you're getting "no service" after attempting to connect, and you've tried in different locations that ought to have 2G cell service, then this is likely your problem. None of the Sales or Service guys knew anything, only the Tech knew about it and knew what to do.

Here's the facts:
1) The dealer has to activate your TCM module for CarWings
2) There is 2G (data) coverage everywhere there's 3G coverage in the US; in other words, that's not your problem

yep that was the problem. Telematic was not turned ON. Took to the dealer and he fixed it in few min.
Carwing is working fine now.

Back