Celebrity owners

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edie McClurg was on the radio today, speaking with Hal Sparks. I guess she has her car now.

I can't take the time to explain just at the moment, but I wasn't massively appreciative of some of the range anxiety "shtick" Hal seemed determined to push. Not particularly helpful for the edification of those who may be unfamiliar.

derkraut said:
smkettner said:
mwalsh said:
Let's start a thread listing the celebrities we hear of who are reservees/future owners. I'll start 'cause I already have a few that most won't know about:

Lance Armstrong - athlete
Steve Jobs - Apple executive
Edie McClurg - actress
Hal Sparks - actor and comedian
Alyssa Milano - actress

How about forget those that get special treatment like lance and maybe others
who is waiting in line would be more interesting as opposed to getting paid to be part of the rollout and not waiting in line :roll:

+1! :|

If Alyssa Milano is so interested, I've got something that runs on two "D" cells that she and I can "drive around". Just sayin'

davewill said:
LakeLeaf said:
Typical for Senate Republicans, although I'm a little surprised it takes a bill to get a few parking spaces next to existing 120v plugs marked off. I would have thought it could be handled administratively.
You would think so, but a while back the Government Accountability Office (GAO) issued a decision specifically for the Architect of the Capitol that it cannot use appropriated funds to install electric vehicle charging stations solely for use by employees for their personal vehicles; see https://federalfleets.energy.gov/sites/default/files/static_page_docs/gao_evcharging_decision.pdf . This one will literally take an Act of Congress.

Personally, I go out of my way to ignore any kind of endorsement/product placement/involvement of any celebrity for any product of any kind. I know that they are all pretty much meaningless and treat them accordingly.

Back