Changes in 2012's that were not announced?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no glove compartment light on the 2012 models. However, the wiring remains (taped and tucked away behind the compartment) so it would be easy to buy the light and install it.

TomT said:
Nissan Leather comes from cows that have committed suicide due to depression over their old age and looks... :lol:
evnow said:
skinning them alive & treating the hide with extremely toxic chemicals can't be considered "green".
Edible Steering Column! That's what the people want! I couldn't understand the fuss about the chemicals, but now I understand.

The Nissan "burger" emblem is distinctly blue on my 2012 LEAF, both front and back. I've never seen a 2011 model and would like to know if it is also blue on the 2011s? (I was just wondering if there are any exterior feature differences between the model years.)

Yep, my early 2011 is distinctly blue as well.

dgpcolorado said:
The Nissan "burger" emblem is distinctly blue on my 2012 LEAF, both front and back. I've never seen a 2011 model and would like to know if it is also blue on the 2011s? (I was just wondering if there are any exterior feature differences between the model years.)

TomT said:
As requested, here is a picture of the perforated leather steering wheel cover I added as per my description some messages back. I'm very happy with it. It fits well, is much cooler in summer and warmer in winter than the stock plastic wheel, and the ten and two positions are in the appropriate places and very comfortable to the hands. Much nicer all the way around (pun unintentional) than the non-CWP factory wheel.

10off61.jpg
Here's a picture of my installed cover. The sides are perforated and it's installed "upside down" so that the seams aren't on the 10:00 & 2:00 grips. Thanks for the tip Tom!
P22570600.jpg

Looks good! I actually played with it in both positions before I installed it and decided I liked the slight tactile feedback from the seams at just above the 2 and 10 positions.

Electric4Me said:
TomT said:
As requested, here is a picture of the perforated leather steering wheel cover I added as per my description some messages back. I'm very happy with it. It fits well, is much cooler in summer and warmer in winter than the stock plastic wheel, and the ten and two positions are in the appropriate places and very comfortable to the hands. Much nicer all the way around (pun unintentional) than the non-CWP factory wheel.
Here's a picture of my installed cover. The sides are perforated and it's installed "upside down" so that the seams aren't on the 10:00 & 2:00 grips. Thanks for the tip Tom!

It looks as if there is open space implying the cover isn't big enough to cover the entire steering wheel. That is, where the stitches are, it appears that the gap wasn't closed. Just didn't stitch tight enough? Or is that how it is made?

laalan said:
It looks as if there is open space implying the cover isn't big enough to cover the entire steering wheel. That is, where the stitches are, it appears that the gap wasn't closed. Just didn't stitch tight enough? Or is that how it is made?
I'm not sure what you're seeing, but it fits very well and I made all the seams very tight.

garygid said:
The top picture seems to be perf'd at the sides and top.

The 2nd picture appears to be only perf'd on the two sides, and not at the top or bottom.
That's correct. That was my preference. Both of my other cars came this way.

ovev said:
The VSP switch can probably be retrofitted. My '12 Leaf do have the VSP switch. The middle of the lower three switches.
Anyone proven a '12 delivered without the switch can get an '11 switch and be able to turn of the VSP?

anyone have the '11 VSP switch PN?

PatricioEV said:
There is no glove compartment light on the 2012 models. However, the wiring remains (taped and tucked away behind the compartment) so it would be easy to buy the light and install it.
the description of the 2012 on the nissan still says something like 'illuminated glove compartment'
I noted the omission on my delivery paperwork and intend to get the dealer to "fix" it.

Nope, they removed a wire from the harness so you can't just plug in a switch.

essaunders said:
ovev said:
The VSP switch can probably be retrofitted. My '12 Leaf do have the VSP switch. The middle of the lower three switches.
Anyone proven a '12 delivered without the switch can get an '11 switch and be able to turn of the VSP?

Back