Charging Station etiquette? Volt owners hogging the juice!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I am thinking <30 cents a kWh when charging and then $2+ per hour until disconnect.
Intention to keep the charging rate low and the parking rate high.

I guess you would need a citation for parking and not plugged in and operating the meter.

Graffi said:
Lets just face the reality of life. Something I learned a long time ago... there are two basic types of people, Givers and Takers.

Givers are those who think of how their actions effect others and give consideration to others.

Takers are those who look at any situation and first think of how it effects themselves. "What is in it for me" thinking.

What we think of as common courtesy for the Givers is an accepted practice. For a Taker, thinking about and wanting to help others is not even a consideration. Telling a Taker to be nice to someone else is seen as a "rule" or "law" they are made to follow. Unless they can see a way it will benefit them they will not be happy having to sacrifice themselves for others.

Sorry for the sermon, but thought it would be helpful to understand why some people wish to help others and others that do not. Unless you can convience them that they also will benefit you can never win this issue.

+1

JasonA said:
davewill said:
or we can work with site owners to set up rules that work better.
Spare me this :roll: If you would have read the thread properly, many complaints on here and at other sites basically do no good what so ever.

Site owners will NOT ENFORCE rules and regulations what so ever. Go to a Costco and look at what types of vehicles are parked in the "FOR FUEL EFFICIENT ONLY" spots.

Yet they tell their RENT A COPS to do nothing... same for places that have "FOR HYBRID VEHICLES ONLY"

The Northridge mall shows a 2hr limit on the EV spots (THIS SIGN IS FAIRLY NEW)..

yet they let this emp park his VOLT all the time... :twisted:

so... waiting for witty response now :roll:

+1

Dave reminds me of those people who don't listen when others are speaking because they are only waiting to hear themselves talk.

Back