Cheaper Parts

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeafyWheels

Hello,

Thought I'd post this in the new member forum as it's a pretty basic question.

I had a problem with my charger recently and tried to get it fixed.

15_DIY_Charger.jpg

There are no official Nissan dealers near me so I went to my local garage who said they have experience with electric cars and maintenance. There were a couple of other minor issues that just required some parts changing, However when I got the quote I was a bit shocked at the cost. The garage were clearly adding on a premium for ordering these parts.

I looked into Nissan spare parts for sale online and found a few places that had what seem to be reasonable prices for both new and second hand parts.

http://www.australia.for-sale.com/nissan-100nx

I'm always a bit wary about ordering things online however so I thought I'd ask if anyone has any recommendations for reputable places to buy new and second hand Nissan spare parts.

Thanks in advance!

You probably should provide some details about what kind of "problem" you're having with your EVSE (I guess until there's some catchy, pronounceable name for Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment, people will keep on mistakenly calling the "chargers") , if you're looking for advice on how to solve whatever it is. From the picture you posted, it doesn't look like anything's wrong with it to me..

<edit> I probably shouldn't have posted since I don't have an AV L2 EVSE and have only used one maybe once or twice; Aren't the top two lamps supposed to be on? Seems reasonable to me that the station has access to power and considers itself ready to charge...

( maybe, "Eevsee?" )

Well its not so much the problem with the charger I'm looking for help with. It's more a reliable online source of parts generally. Sorry if my post was a bit confusing.

You might want to try Rock Auto; my reference auto part would be something that I needed years ago for my '98 VW New Beetle; as this was the first year for it (not the 'early' air-cooled models but later ones) it kept burning out headlights; the 'fix' was a bit later model headlight assembly as they redesigned the 'socket' where the halogen bulb went in; you have to buy the whole thing -- these ran close to $300 at the dealer and I bought one for about $100 at a discount car parts supplier (was an auto parts wholesaler); Rock Auto shows these for $112 today (bought the one I needed probably about 2002) so they appear to have decent prices -- just do a Google search and you can find them; appear to carry lots of parts for Nissan.

Back