Chicagoland area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
redLEAF said:
That's really unfortunate ... I was in a somewhat similar situation as my main contact had left the Nissan dealer I was using (not the dealer's fault, rep moved closer to home) but as we hadn't formalized what my trade-in value would be before that rep left I needed to 'start over' with someone who was a bit familiar with my order but didn't have the same level of enthusiasm nor 'access' to the dealer LEAF site that the old one did. We were able to work things out but I needed to do my own homework --- namely I stopped by Carmax and a car broker to see what my trade would bring; granted these are wholesale trade-in values but at least you'll have something when the dealer says I'll give you $$ xxx ... basically the dealer matched the other appraisals with the only stipulation that I keep the car under a certain mileage threshold which should be OK as long as the car still makes it in this month. Have you tried getting another appraisal yet? Don't know if you have a Carmax nearby but they'll give you an appraisal whether or not you buy a car from them ... the folks I dealt with at the Schaumburg one were good people, no pressure and the amount was the same as an independent appraiser. I didn't 'sell' it to Carmax or the other because with winter coming my other summer car will head under cover once we get our first snow and we would be short without it. If these guys are that unresponsive then I would think that Nissan CS would want to know ...

I agree with redLEAF on the Carmax experience. I will give them my Prius to evaluate once the LEAF has arrived. I have so far bought two cars from them and sold one. The whole customer relationship is completely pressure-free. It's like buying an expensive household appliance with none of the usual car dealer shenanigans. They give you a price, take it or leave it, both for selling and buying, and the two transactions are completely separate. Their buying offer is good for a week or two, so you can take it as a basis value and see if you can do better elsewhere.

dutchinchicago said:
Just spoke to someone at Nissan CS.

Apparently there is a problem with my dealers Leaf certification so they can not use that dealership to deliver my car.

Sort of nice because I did not like my dealer but I am not sure where this leaves me.

Nissan said that they will try to find a new dealer for me. Not sure if it would be better if I would find a dealer myself.

I live in downtown Chicago.

Ok, now I am not happy either as I also have Martin Nissan and this might explain why I have not received any updates. I will contact Nissan CS to see what my current status is besides being in limbo. Assuming the correct orders for our cars were placed, the cars have to be in route somewhere. This is ridiculous!

prolix74 said:
dutchinchicago said:
Just spoke to someone at Nissan CS.

Apparently there is a problem with my dealers Leaf certification so they can not use that dealership to deliver my car.

Sort of nice because I did not like my dealer but I am not sure where this leaves me.

Nissan said that they will try to find a new dealer for me. Not sure if it would be better if I would find a dealer myself.

I live in downtown Chicago.

Ok, now I am not happy either as I also have Martin Nissan and this might explain why I have not received any updates. I will contact Nissan CS to see what my current status is besides being in limbo. Assuming the correct orders for our cars were placed, the cars have to be in route somewhere. This is ridiculous!

I'm not endorsing by any means but an IL area dealer rep (formerly from CA) was listing a $500 off list for forum members, it was Thomas Nissan of Joliet, you both may want to PM the sales rep forum member 'benleafexpert' to see if they might be willing to 'accept' your order now that Martin isn't LEAF certified -- I think Nissan CS would call this an 'emergency' as the designated dealer would be unable to service the car as far as other downtown Nissan dealer's can't help you -- there are several out in the 'burbs but you'll need to see how far/close they might be -- so far the Joliet dealer was the only one advertising anything off MSRP that I know of

Short Story: My leaf pulled into the dealer lot about 2 hours ago (dashboard still shows pending). They need to prep it tomorrow but I was busy tomorrow anyway so I am picking it up Friday.

Long Story: Called the dealer earlier asking if they had more info on my pending status. They said they received 2 other red leafs earlier in the day but they were not mine. I was confused because when I ordered they said I was there first order and they did not expect to be able to sell any others. I had originally worked with the Sales manager but 2 weeks ago they gave me a Salesperson as my new contact. So I told this new salesperson that it was odd that they had 2 other Leafs that were ordered after mine and they came in before mine. He replied that these other 2 red leafs were ordered 5 days before mine, I which I again said was confusing because the sales manager told me when I ordered that I was his first order. The salesperson then said their info still had my leaf on track for Dec 9th and it was not on hold at the port. I said okay and let me know as soon as you confirm the exact date it will be in. Hung up and then received a call about 5 minutes later from the sales person and he says guess what your leaf just pulled in on a truck! I don't know if they had it confused and I was the first order and one of the first cars to arrive was mine or if there was no 2nd truck and mine was on the first, or some other combo. Just happy that they are delivering something Friday!

dutchinchicago wrote:
@wcbrauneis, would you recommend your dealer?

It’s the first time that I’ve dealt with Al Piemonte. They have been very responsive and pleasant. Fred Meek is their designated Leaf salesman and Victor is the designated mechanic. I looked at the car this evening. They will have it fully charged and ready to go tomorrow. So far I’ve had nothing but a good experience.
They were unaware of EL plates. I told them to call the Illinois Secretary of State, Vehicle Services Department.

radryan said:
Short Story: My leaf pulled into the dealer lot about 2 hours ago (dashboard still shows pending). They need to prep it tomorrow but I was busy tomorrow anyway so I am picking it up Friday.
Now that two "pending" cars are at the dealer in Chicagoland, I am getting really excited. This morning on the way to work my Prius beeped and signaled "add fuel" and I stopped at a gas station on my way home. Might well have been my last fill-up!!!!

@ prolix74. My car is in port so no problems there. They just do not have a dealer to send it to. I am hoping to resolve that this morning with Nissan CS and get it back on track. Will let you know what Nissan CS said.

Just spoke to CS. My car is in port and ready to be shipped they are just trying to find a dealer now. She said that she was surprised how hard it is to find a dealer. She is hoping to find me a dealer around Chicago in a week.

redLEAF said:
Validated first IL delivery was November 19th -- other dates getting spread out in December, would assume that as we're this close that those w/o VIN's should get theirs very soon; VIN count now stands at 12 (including one orphan car) but some have unfortunately had their status switched back to 'pending'; haven't heard back from Ramesh but still looks like they'll be next in line perhaps even this weekend; my own delivery estimate still stands at 'week of December 10th' and I've been checking daily -- not sure how much time is required for dealer prep but still hoping for a weekend delivery in 10 days !!! :

jimjudy --- VIN !!! LEAF delivered Nov 19th !!
wcbrauneis --- VIN !!! – LEAF at dealer, Nov 30th
radryan --- VIN !!! - Bloomington, IL – LEAF at dealer, Nov 30th
Ramesh --- VIN !!! – week of Dec 2nd
YashuV – VIN !!! (cancelled order – possible ‘orphan’?) – week of Dec 5th
redLEAF --- VIN !!! – week of Dec 10th
dino -- VIN !!! – week of Dec 13th
bzzzzz -- VIN !!! – week of Dec 13th
bigtlb -- no VIN – week of Dec 15th
prolix74 --- no VIN – week of Dec 15th
OldQuadDog --- no VIN - week of Dec 15th
willnotbuygas -- VIN !!!– week of Dec 20th
dutchinchicago -- VIN !!! – pending
Tardis -- VIN !!! – pending
lukati -- VIN !!! – pending
benleafexpert -- Thomas Nissan Joliet, dealer rep
chijayhawker – cancelled order
joleta -- (only 2 posts -- assume no VIN)
leafinthepark -- from MN, but would like to buy in IL
scottf200 -- Volt owner
ualdriver -- Volt owner
portableal -- few posts ??
tech01 -- no VIN

If we missed some 'lurkers' make your first post if you're getting close !!

I think I've included all the latest but wanted to add a new forum member, welcome 'OldQuadDog' who has a Cayenne Red expected the week of December 15th; I just reached out to my dealer to see if my own car may just come in early; can't believe that it's this hard for Nissan CS to find a LEAF certified dealer for 'dutch' -- who wouldn't want the extra allocation especially as it's already sold!

dutchinchicago said:
Just spoke to CS. My car is in port and ready to be shipped they are just trying to find a dealer now. She said that she was surprised how hard it is to find a dealer. She is hoping to find me a dealer around Chicago in a week.

That is good to hear. I am still waiting to hear back from Nissan CS regarding my status. I saw that my dashboard has now updated to December 19th. :(

You can also check and update Leaf delivery status at:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AptkktKEhdz9dGhheXpqT09naFdkYjN4aXJ4NlNPV3c&authkey=CJm01I8B&hl=en_US#gid=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuDGAXnbchK0dHkzQmlFS1g5UGU1c044WGxTM05naUE&hl=en_US&pli=1#gid=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

prolix74 said:
...I saw that my dashboard has now updated to December 19th. :(

I just received an email from Nissan that my delivery date had changed and to check my dashboard.

Excited that it might be good news, I went there - it moved from the 15th to week of Dec 19th. :cry:

bigtlb said:
I just received an email from Nissan that my delivery date had changed and to check my dashboard.

Excited that it might be good news, I went there - it moved from the 15th to week of Dec 19th. :cry:

Other than my dealer debacle, it sounds like you are following the same schedule as me! You are also getting the same red SL so there might be a pattern here.

prolix74 said:
bigtlb said:

Other than my dealer debacle, it sounds like you are following the same schedule as me! You are also getting the same red SL so there might be a pattern here.

Hey, I've got a 'red SL' (although everyone says it's more of a copper color) on order too ... 12/10 date hasn't changed since 11/18 but do have call into my dealer to see if its 'early' :D

My car was just arrived at the dealer, much sooner than I expected. I'm going to visit today but it still needs to be inspected and charged. also, I'm waiting for my nokian tires to arrive at the local tire shop.

If anyone is interested in buying my stock tires, please let me know.

Tardis said:
My car was just arrived at the dealer, much sooner than I expected. I'm going to visit today but it still needs to be inspected and charged. also, I'm waiting for my nokian tires to arrive at the local tire shop.

If anyone is interested in buying my stock tires, please let me know.

Looks like 'pending' status isn't a bad thing at all (at least for IL forum members) down to two from five -- congrats !!

Tardis said:
My car was just arrived at the dealer, much sooner than I expected.

Another pending car has arrived! Congratulations.

I am not quite there yet, but my dealer has received the invoice. Any day now. :)

I heard back from Nissan CS and they said my dealer (yes Martin Nissan who is supposedly not certified) is scheduled to get my car around my scheduled date, which is now Dec 19. I asked about the dealer issue and they were not aware of any issues with them! I don't know if this is just a clueless rep or there really is no issue but it looks like I am going to have to get a response from Martin Nissan, if possible.

I also asked about getting my VIN and Carwings but I haven't heard back on this yet. None of this gives me any confidence that I will get my car anytime soon.

Back