Chicagoland area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm seeing more and more Leafs. They're tougher to spot than a model S.

I received my plates last week. # 592

Our village has great utility rates. 7 cent/ per kw hr - flat 24x7 rate.

Phatcat73 said:

Highest IL electric vehicle plate number I've heard of in quite a while, how long did it take from the application?; saw a Tesla with what I thought was # 465 ... our municipality got the electric rate down to 4.96 cents/kWh, had 6.6 for about 18 months with another ComEd reseller but seems these local governments can do a bit better. Looks like our new rate is good through 2014 which should help once we get EV #2. With these high gas rates (once again, highest in the U.S.) its nice to drive by gas stations ...

I've had my Leaf just about 1 1/2 weeks and during that time the only other Leafs I've seen on the road were at the dealer. I see Tesla Model S almost every day but I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a Leaf.

I live in the city (Old Town) if that matters. To me it seems like the perfect city car as long as you have a garage to charge in. We did try a road trip out to Huntley last weekend. Won't be doing that in the Leaf again. I'll only do that in the Tesla next time.

ggulik said:
I've had my Leaf just about 1 1/2 weeks and during that time the only other Leafs I've seen on the road were at the dealer. I see Tesla Model S almost every day but I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a Leaf.

I live in the city (Old Town) if that matters. To me it seems like the perfect city car as long as you have a garage to charge in. We did try a road trip out to Huntley last weekend. Won't be doing that in the Leaf again. I'll only do that in the Tesla next time.

Old Town to Huntley has to be a 100 mile RT!!

Did you charge in Huntley?

Phatcat73 said:

I'm still waiting for mine. Been almost 2 1/2 months.

FYI...just wanted to give some updates on L3 chargers that I've verified are up. The one in the Midway cell phone lot is up and working in addition to the two L2 chargers. I took an 81 mile trip to Orland Park from Chicago, and I stopped at Midway on the way to Orland Park to make sure I could quick charge on the way back if necessary. I ended up using an L2 charger in a mall parking lot in Orland Park while I was having lunch, so I didn't need the L3 at Midway.

Also I verified that the L3 charger at Citgo on Dundee is also there and up. Hope this helps!

brianchi73 said:
FYI...just wanted to give some updates on L3 chargers that I've verified are up. The one in the Midway cell phone lot is up and working in addition to the two L2 chargers. I took an 81 mile trip to Orland Park from Chicago, and I stopped at Midway on the way to Orland Park to make sure I could quick charge on the way back if necessary. I ended up using an L2 charger in a mall parking lot in Orland Park while I was having lunch, so I didn't need the L3 at Midway.

Also I verified that the L3 charger at Citgo on Dundee is also there and up. Hope this helps!

What good is it if you can't get a card to activate it?

greengate said:
brianchi73 said:

None I guess, but I already have a card. Is it impossible to get a card now? I just called 855-350-4733, but was sent to voicemail.

brianchi73 said:
greengate said:
brianchi73 said:

None I guess, but I already have a card. Is it impossible to get a card now? I just called 855-350-4733, but was sent to voicemail.

Wish I had one of those 3D printers to make a copy of your card!!

I have had this voice mail many times, but they never return my request for a call back and or a card.

I have emailed them and US mailed them..all dead.

I believe it is all a part of the 350green going out of business and the new owner is not on board yet.

Til then, I wait with anticipation hoping that Santa will not put a lump of coal in my stocking since I have a Level 3 feeding port...sitting empty!!

If you are at the Level 3 charger in The Regency Center, (in front of Whole Foods in Northbrook,) will you see if it is on line and working? Only one of the Level 2's is working so I just emailed the Regency Center's corporate office complementing on their having provided this thoughtful service while advising them that one Level 2 charger is stuck on "reload," requesting that they look into this as calls to the Chargepoint office have not remedied the situation.

FYI I can verify that as of this weekend, the 350Green L3 stations are still not accepting ChargePoint cards. I'm hoping this will be a simple software update for Car Charging, Inc. now that they have completed the acquisition.

Sledge said:
FYI I can verify that as of this weekend, the 350Green L3 stations are still not accepting ChargePoint cards. I'm hoping this will be a simple software update for Car Charging, Inc. now that they have completed the acquisition.

If it helps here is an e-mail that I sent to Car Charging. I'm trying to help even though I already have a Charjit card. Please read from bottom to top. Also notice that there is an e-mail and a phone # for an actual person at Car Charging. :)

Suzanne Tamargo
May 17 (3 days ago)

to me
Yes, we do have the ability to add funds to existing cards. The litigation with JNS Holdings is still pending. However, more information can be found in our SEC filings.

Suzanne Tamargo
Director of Marketing & Public Relations

1691 Michigan Ave., Ste 601
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Office: (305) 521-0200
Fax: (305) 521-0201
http://www.CarCharging.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please consider the environment before printing this email

Date: Friday, May 17, 2013 4:14 PM
To: Suzanne Tamargo <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Comment from Contact Us

Ok. I'm actually asking on behalf of the EV Community because I already have a Charjit card. Do you know if I can add charges to an existing card?

Also is JNS Holdings still in the picture?

Thanks,

Brian

On May 17, 2013, at 2:28 PM, Suzanne Tamargo <[email protected]> wrote:

Thank you for contacting us. While we are not able to provide new Efacec's CharJit RFID cards at the moment, we are diligently working to resolve this issue with Efacec and will notify you as soon as we can issue cards. We thank you for your patience and we look forward to serving you!

Suzanne Tamargo
Director of Marketing & Public Relations
<E1794B9F-06E5-40B5-87C7-A162E1E3E311[27].png>
1691 Michigan Ave., Ste 601
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Office: (305) 521-0200
Fax: (305) 521-0201
http://www.CarCharging.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please consider the environment before printing this email

Sent: Friday, May 17, 2013 2:48 PM
To: Info
Subject: Comment from Contact Us

Your email address

Your comments

Are EV Owners able to get a Charjit card through Car Charging?

I don't see too many leaf's on the road around Skokie, but I know they are out there (see them as often as the local Teslas). Our dealership looked to have completely turned over its stock between when we first test drove, and when we leased. (Inventory admittedly is 4-5 cars).

The attention is pretty neat though. Nearly everyday, someone is asking about our range or if we can give them a test ride. The appeal of no gas station bills in pretty good at $4.25 a gallon.

It's been almost a month now having the Leaf and until today I've seen nothing but Volts. Just today I've seen 2 blue Leafs, one in Barrington and another in Gurnee when I tooling around in my wife's Leaf. Also saw a White Tesla Model S with tinted windows near Gurnee Mills. Guess they really are out there...

lukati said:
Saw my first Tesla Model S today. Gorgeous white car with 673EL plates.

Very nice jump from the last highest number IL 'EL' series plate reported here (592) ... the Tesla S models are fairly distinctive, especially coming at you from the other direction with those LED DRL's, perhaps the new status symbol in the 'burbs? I wonder how long these folks waited from time of order to delivery?

Any one explain me how to get these plates, I transfer my old plates when i leased mine.
My plates registration is valid till Nov 2013.

greengate said:
Old Town to Huntley has to be a 100 mile RT!!

Did you charge in Huntley?

Yes, I visited my parents there and planned to charge there. It's 45 miles each way and going 75mph on I90 wasn't great for range. I did plan on spending several hours there and did plug in as much as possible while there.

Unfortunately brining a new electric car to a family function meant I had to give some joy rides meaning it was plugged in less than expected. I ended up hitting a Whole Foods on the way home to top it up.

redLEAF said:
I wonder how long these folks waited from time of order to delivery?

Ordered my Model S on March 20th and expecting delivery beginning of June. I was told that Performance models have delivery times approx 1 month sooner than non-Performance.

Back