Chicagoland area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tech01 said:
Just passed 5k mi. E-mail from dealer for no charge (no pun intended) inspection and free wash. Have already taken it back for an alignment. That improved its handling especially in the wind. Have achieved 3.8kw. Did go 92mi. in March when it was warm. We'll be the poster boy for charging to 100% everyday. Have yet to see another LEAF. A neighbor had a VOLT> They sold it back to GM as they had a lot of trouble with it. Never achieved the 40 mi. on just electric power. had an anemic heater.
Consumer Reports and others complained about the weak electric heater, and GM told CR that the heater in the 2012s had been improved. I haven't seen any comments about it.

Just received my 350Green Charjit card. It has $21 of credit and can be used for up to 30 minutes per charge ( not the original 15 that they first thought was workable ) . Check out the link below and you will see 22 online, functional L3 stations. Those, and any others on the interstates, are located on both the North and Southbound Oasis and count as 2 stations, since there really are 2 charging stations. So there are not 22 individual locations, but 22 total L3 stations up and running right now. I've been told there are more coming up in the next few days and weeks and that the map will be updated daily by 350Green. It's a Google map so it's not the easiest to navigate from a desktop....

I'm hopeful I can get all this out to CBS Channel 2 when I get together with Anchor Dana Koslov this Thursday. Even more hopeful the story will be about the Leaf and not high gasoline prices......Got to get more Leafs on the road....

http://350green.com/locate/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Green spots are Level 3. Blue's are 2 ( one Level 2 station ) or 22's which indicates 2 Level 2 chargers per location..

Yesterday I was driving back from the Morton Arboretum (in my Volt) and decided to stop at the first walgreens with charger on the way back only to find that it was fast charger only. It appeared to be on and working. Where were these when I was driving a leaf and nearly ran out of charge on that same route ;)

I had to drive home using 0.3 gallons of fuel significantly increasing the amount of fuel I have used in my first 1000 miles.

It was located at 10345 W Roosevelt Rd.

I have to set my Recargo filter to remove these from my view. The volt shows bio diesel, narural gas and hydrogen fueling stations but surprisingly does not show electrical car charging stations so Recargo is my main app to find public charging stations.

On a different note, has anyone already received their rebate checks?

dutchinchicago said:
Yesterday I was driving back from the Morton Arboretum (in my Volt) and decided to stop at the first walgreens with charger on the way back only to find that it was fast charger only. It appeared to be on and working. Where were these when I was driving a leaf and nearly ran out of charge on that same route ;)

I had to drive home using 0.3 gallons of fuel significantly increasing the amount of fuel I have used in my first 1000 miles.

I have to set my Recargo filter to remove these from my view. The volt shows bio diesel, narural gas and hydrogen fueling stations but surprisingly does not show electrical car charging stations so Recargo is my main app to find public charging stations.

As to the L3 stations and the Volt----As you now know they don't function with 480 DC Chargers. We'll have 73 operational soon and the Leaf will be the beneficiary. Are you planning to come back to the Leaf family?

ibLEAF said:
dutchinchicago said:

I believe that there will be no rebate checks issued until after July 1. The rebates are bunched into 2 time periods and the funds are distributed depending upon when you submitted your rebate form. Jan thru June checks come out sometime after July 1.

As to the L3 stations and the Volt----As you now know they don't function with 480 DC Chargers. We'll have 73 operational soon and the Leaf will be the beneficiary. Are you planning to come back to the Leaf family?

I thought they would be mailed out in April. Ah well, have to wait a little longer. Just found out that because of AMT my charger deduction is 0. At least I am getting the $7500 deduction for the car.

I am not planning to come back to the Leaf any time soon. Although I am missing many things about the Leaf (especially the back-up camera) I am loving the relaxed feeling I have when I see there there at 5 EV miles left.

I am hoping that the Volt 2.0 will have a fast charger because its becoming an obsession to avoid burning fuel but my wife finds it difficult to hang out at Walgreens for 2 hours to wait for my car to charge.

The newest and possibly best site for EV users, especially for those of us in Chicago as we have, by far, the most L3 chargers in the USA, 22. ( In fact, there is only one other that is in the Bay area) Sign up today. Some interesting things about to happen and in the works. If you don't want to buy a charging station, how about leasing now for 3 years at a subscription rate and then it's yours thereafter? Price will include installation. Quite interesting.
Also, soon to arrive on this site, will be up to the minute working charging station installation updates. L3's will be on the site as they are "turned on" and ready for use. No terrible Google maps to follow..... Also we should have a answer from Nissan as to the issue of "how often can we use L3 chargers without damaging our systems". The answer should come from Nissan directly Thursday. There is no clear answer and it should be cleared up this week........

http://www.loopev.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EdmondLeaf said:
ibLEAF said:
by far, the most L3 chargers in the USA. ( In fact, there is only one other that is in LA )
I am sorry there is 8 DC QC in Houston
https://www.evgonetwork.com/eVgo_Charging_Stations/#Pane2

I stand corrected. That's great for Houston.....
I'm now assuming 350Green has only one in the Bay area and the rest in Chicago.....
Seems Chicago is mostly serviced by 350Green. Good to know that others are providing L3 outside the 350 network.

West coast is moving along with their goal of a 300 mile stretch:

http://blog.alliance-renault-nissan.com/blog/electric-highway-gets-switched" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On Chicagoland LEAF sightings, saw a white LEAF today around 2:15PM at Hicks & Dundee (at intersection with the Walgreen's that has both L3 & L2 chargers in Palatine); had regular IL tags that started with P20 ---- and gave a toot on our horn in our red LEAF but not sure if the driver noticed. Amazes me that this is the first one I've seen 'in the wild' but was bound to happen. Also, unless you have vanity or some other series plates why the new owner did not opt for the lower cost 'EL' electric vehicle plates, unless of course his dealer didn't mention it ... didn't check the dealer they used as we passed front side only. Hopefully we'll see many more this summer, anyone else report some sightings?

We had 3 Black Leafs riding the streets of Highland Park today lined up for all of the 40 or so residents who saw us driving the roads. An interesting sight looking into my rear view mirror.
Kind of like the opposite of a gang of Harleys. We have another Leaf, a red one, in Highland Park with whom we've just put a owners name to the car.

Interesting new link for those wondering, as I was, about the multiple uses of Level 3 charging stations.

http://www.torquenews.com/1075/nissan-leaf-webchat-answers-questions-electric-car-fast-charging-and-more" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wcbrauneis said:
I received an State of Illinois check for $3,725.00 in the mail today (4/18/2012).

That's great ! Hopefully ours won't be too far away, just a day after tax day, assume you applied before year end last year?

EDIT: I see wcbrauneis took delivery on Dec 2nd and mine was Dec 23rd but I do believe that IL puts these into batches so perhaps my check will be waiting for me as well, if so will need to change my sign'

2ND EDIT: not yet but perhaps today (4/19/12)

3RD EDIT: still nothing as of 4/30 but with today being 5/1 perhaps soon ..

The target date for rebate checks was always 4/15/2012 +/- 2 weeks for all applications sent in before 12/31/2011.

Back