Connecting to a 2013 leaf via a win7 laptop w/ bluetooth ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XeonPony

I will not get a smart phone and I despise apple with a passion, so lets put those to rest right off, if I can't do it via a windows laptop then it isn't worth the bother! with that said:

How do I do it? I run windows seven and have a blue tooth adapter in it.

I am in Canada (Nissans web site absalutely SUCKS for making it easy to get it set up!)

Right now I am using the charge and climate timers and the do well enough but I'd like some thing a tad more comprehensive!

You can probably connect, and if you find some OBD-II software, that will probably let you view or break things.

XeonPony said:
I will not get a smart phone
so lets put those to rest right off
Why? What are you trying to achieve? Are you trying to use the CarWings app or are you trying to monitor/view stuff that's on the CAN bus?

Since you hate Apple, you're in luck. The Bluetooth OBD II solutions that work on the Leaf AFAIK won't work on iOS devices anyways and Android phones can be had for cheap, w/o service, at least in the US.

(FWIW, I have a personal iPhone 5, like my iPad 2 a lot (will be upgrading to an iPad Air), use a Retina MacBook Pro at work, but am a PC guy (don't even have a usable Mac at home, only PCs) and have a work-provided Samsung Galaxy S4 Android phone (no point in my choosing another iPhone).

Oddly enough, folks at my work use mostly Macs. Those carrying Windows laptops are almost like outcasts...)

bit of both, I want to be able to see the performance history and general status of the vehicle, and a bit of remote control ability would be nice.

IMO they misserably failed in this department tcp/ip based wireless protocall would been far superior as most people have a network in their homes now days to some level and it is dead easy to put a access point in the garage or what have you. to have to count on a cellular system is daft!

XeonPony said:
... to have to count on a cellular system is daft!
Using the cell system lets it work anywhere, not just at home. Granted it's a bummer if you don't have reception at home. Anyway, a lot of historical info is available on Carwings, which is perfectly accessible from Windows.

A lot of us use an Android program called LEAF Spy (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/wiki/index.php?title=Leaf_Battery_Application" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and a ODBII-to-Bluetooth adapter to get more detailed info. It's so useful that a lot of people have bought standalone Android devices just to use to connect to the car. If you insist on doing it from Windows, you'll have to write your own software.

Back