Courtesy Nissan offers $9.99 oil change for my Leaf!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafwing

This is hilarious.
I listened to the message twice because I thought I might have misheard it the first time.
"Oil and filter change for your leaf for just $9.99, please give me a call to schedule an appointment"
Do you expect this from a dealer that actually sells Leaf's?
:lol:

I've received 2 such letters and a phone call from my dealer. I could almost forgive them but in each case the mention the car specifically as a Nissan Leaf. It'd be one thing if the letter said something like "Bring your car in for an oil change" or "bring your Nissan in for an oil change." But no.. they know it is a Leaf, but still insist on calling and junk mailing me.

I think you guys should take them up on the offer, go into the service bay, and take a video of them trying to figure out where the oil filter is, and where to put the oil in, this would make a hilarious youtube video :)

Does it include filter? Ask if you can apply it to the brake fluid flush in two years.
When does the transaxle oil need changing?

Might be worth it if a free car wash is included ;)

adric22 said:
I've received 2 such letters and a phone call from my dealer. I could almost forgive them but in each case the mention the car specifically as a Nissan Leaf. It'd be one thing if the letter said something like "Bring your car in for an oil change" or "bring your Nissan in for an oil change." But no.. they know it is a Leaf, but still insist on calling and junk mailing me.

Yes; they mention Leaf specifically and more than one.
I have to mention that they did offer free car wash.
If I'm not crazy busy this week, I would have taken the car to them. But I know for sure it won't fly on the servicemen there; they now the car. The mailing department certainly does not know.

mitch672 said:
I think you guys should take them up on the offer, go into the service bay, and take a video of them trying to figure out where the oil filter is, and where to put the oil in, this would make a hilarious youtube video :)

I agree! I would love to be a fly on the wall if one or more of you would do that! :lol:

+1 on this. I would like to see them change my spark plugs and replace my muffler while they were in there tinkering around. I want one of those big loud mufflers.

jimcmorr said:
mitch672 said:

I agree! I would love to be a fly on the wall if one or more of you would do that! :lol:

Hello All,

First post.

I work at Courtesy Nissan, the one in Texas, and one of many Courtesy Nissan's, none of which are related other than the fact we are franchised Nissan dealers. I was made aware of this thread and had a very cold initial feeling when I read the posts. It is not clear from where the first post originated, nor which Courtesy, so I sent the link to my department employees, and to the service manager. I can say we had an overwhelming sense of dread, yet a healthy dose of amusement reading how this might come about. We back-peddled to a point where we segregated our LEAF owners away from the body of other owners so this won't happen again (crosses fingers).

We believe it was not our store (hope is more like it). But if it is us, either way, I hope you understand we are, as dealers, entering new territory of which less than 1/10th of one per cent of the owners have the latest, greatest technology, one devoid of high-maintenance systems like exhaust, fluid changes, etc.

We are learning a lot from our LEAF owners. So far the exchange has been refreshing. If you find yourself traveling through Richardson, Texas, I hope you'll stop by for some juice and java.

Steve

:) Nice to hear about these things from the dealer's side of things--welcome, Steve!

If I ever get a message like this and have a free hour, I would definitely take my dealer up on it--I think it would be great fun! :)

And if the L3 charging infrastructure ever gets to the point where my Seattle Leaf is driving through Texas, I'll be sure to stop in and say 'hi'. :D

All the best,
-Brad

PartsPeddler said:
We are learning a lot from our LEAF owners. So far the exchange has been refreshing. If you find yourself traveling through Richardson, Texas, I hope you'll stop by for some juice and java.
At some point in the near future, I will be visiting with you. I can see your dealership from my desk at work. :D

Don't worry, I get the same kinds of mailings from my Mitsubishi dealer for my i-MiEV. I even contacted the service manager about it and he didn't seem too concerned. At least you seem to care!

Back