Dashboard rattle

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat

Last night I noticed a rattle coming from the dash area. My wife put her hand on the dash just to the right of the radio/screen display module, on the padded part, and the rattle stopped. She lifted her hand and it returned. I don't know how long this has been going on since I virtually always drive with an audiobook or music playing and can't hear it then. Last night I did not have any audio playing as I wanted to be able to talk to my wife in the car. The rattle is not very loud, but it is annoying when there is no other sound drowning it out. Have others experienced this and are there any suggestions for a fix not involving major expense? My Leaf is a 2011 SL.

My dash has had an intermittent rattle around the radio bezel since new. But the last month or so it's become pretty much constant. Pressing nearly anywhere on the bezel or around the screen silences the rattle.

Probably just need to pop the bezel off and apply felt tape in the appropriate location, but I need to go in for my 3-year service in a month so I will probably try to get the dealer to fix it as my last warranty repair.

Try tilting the display out and see it it stops. On mine I think the ribbon cable connecting the display to the dash rattles.

Back