DC Fast charger coming to Camarillo Premium Outlet Stores

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They finished the station with the EVgo decals, etc. They still are going to put a credit card reader in that right hand structure. But the RFD card works on the Chademo charger. I just happened to stumble upon the EVgo rep charging his leaf. He DCQC his LEAF almost every day, since he drives around 90 miles a day. He has a 2013 SV with almost 10000 miles on it. My 2012 SL has a little over 10000 miles on it, and I have lost about 10% capacity. I was curious as to what his battery capacity was and ran it on my ELM OBD scanner. Surprisingly, his battery appears to be in perfect condition. Even after quick charging in the summer months!

dnez.jpg

gv3y.jpg

Good to know as I myself almost exclusivly QC my 2013 SV. I am concerned as to the lack of de-ICE-ing signage, hopefully those are being installed soon.
ELROY said:
They finished station with the decals, etc. They still are going to put a credit card reader in that right hand structure. But the RFD card works on the Chademo charger. I just happened to stumble upon the EVgo rep charging his leaf. He DCQC his LEAF almost every day, since he drives around 90 miles a day. He has a 2013 SV with almost 10000 miles on it. My 2012 SL has a little over 10000 miles on it, and I have lost about 10% capacity. I was curious as to what his battery capacity was and ran it on my ELM OBD scanner. Surprisingly, his battery appears to be in perfect condition. Even after quick charging in the summer months!

dnez.jpg

gv3y.jpg

I believe it says parking is for electric car charging only. If you look at the far parking spot, you can see the signage painted right on the ashphalt. Right now there are the 2 dedicated parking spots for the one charger. And you could probably even charge from the spot directly at the end also. The EV rep said the concrete is already prewired for the SAE Combo charger in the future. They had to change out the transformer, etc.

GIBBER said:
Good to know as I myself almost exclusivly QC my 2013 SV. I am concerned as to the lack of de-ICE-ing signage, hopefully those are being installed soon.
ELROY said:
They finished station with the decals, etc. They still are going to put a credit card reader in that right hand structure. But the RFD card works on the Chademo charger. I just happened to stumble upon the EVgo rep charging his leaf. He DCQC his LEAF almost every day, since he drives around 90 miles a day. He has a 2013 SV with almost 10000 miles on it. My 2012 SL has a little over 10000 miles on it, and I have lost about 10% capacity. I was curious as to what his battery capacity was and ran it on my ELM OBD scanner. Surprisingly, his battery appears to be in perfect condition. Even after quick charging in the summer months!

dnez.jpg

gv3y.jpg

Got my evgo card on Monday. It saved my butt today. I had more required side trips than originally planned and wasn't going to make it home without stopping somewhere for a charge or risking turtle mode 2-3 miles short of home. 25 minutes of L2 while I grabbed a smoothie and I'm safe. Thought about the DCQC, but 25 minutes of L2 was enough to safely get me home and the L2s are by the food court where the smoothie place is. It's good to know the DCQC is available if I needed more of a refill.

Thanks!!!

DarthPuppy said:
Got my evgo card on Monday. It saved my butt today. I had more required side trips than originally planned and wasn't going to make it home without stopping somewhere for a charge or risking turtle mode 2-3 miles short of home. 25 minutes of L2 while I grabbed a smoothie and I'm safe. Thought about the DCQC, but 25 minutes of L2 was enough to safely get me home and the L2s are by the food court where the smoothie place is. It's good to know the DCQC is available if I needed more of a refill.

Thanks!!!

I was surprised to see people using the chargers already last Saturday.
What rate were you paying? Is there an introductory special on L2 also? Or just the DCQC?

j5wt.jpg

There is an intro offer of $7.95 which gets you the rfid tag and 2 months of unlimited access, level 2 or DCQC.

After the 2 months, you can choose to subscribe or you can pay per charge. Unfortunately, on the pay per charge approach, apparently you have to call them each time, give them your credit card, and they will activate the charger for you. So it really is set up to service those who are willing to pay a monthly subscription fee.

The ChargePoint or Blink models appear to make more sense on the user friendliness front. But I have yet to try my ChargePoint card (the only station I've found isn't that convenient) and Blink has now ignored about 6 requests for a card. I've successfully used Blink once when I knew before I went that I would need to and was able to generate an access code from my computer. Blink definitely seems to have the chargers in most of the places I'd be interested, except of course this one which is an awesome location for me. So I will have to seriously consider subscribing.

I favor the idea of having access to each network, but not at a monthly cost since I don't routinely need it since I have L2 at home and solar panels, so my charging at home is free on a marginal cost basis (considering the solar panels as a sunk cost). I'll probably stick with the pay per use approach, but having to call them each time will get old fast.

DarthPuppy said:
There is an intro offer of $7.95 which gets you the rfid tag and 2 months of unlimited access, level 2 or DCQC.

After the 2 months, you can choose to subscribe or you can pay per charge. Unfortunately, on the pay per charge approach, apparently you have to call them each time, give them your credit card, and they will activate the charger for you. So it really is set up to service those who are willing to pay a monthly subscription fee.

The ChargePoint or Blink models appear to make more sense on the user friendliness front. But I have yet to try my ChargePoint card (the only station I've found isn't that convenient) and Blink has now ignored about 6 requests for a card. I've successfully used Blink once when I knew before I went that I would need to and was able to generate an access code from my computer. Blink definitely seems to have the chargers in most of the places I'd be interested, except of course this one which is an awesome location for me. So I will have to seriously consider subscribing.

I favor the idea of having access to each network, but not at a monthly cost since I don't routinely need it since I have L2 at home and solar panels, so my charging at home is free on a marginal cost basis (considering the solar panels as a sunk cost). I'll probably stick with the pay per use approach, but having to call them each time will get old fast.

I just signed up tonight!

Yesterday I did my first DCQC during my lunch break. Took a moment to figure out how to connect/disconnect that thing.

It was nice being back to my full 80% charge after doing about 15 minutes of shopping. Now my X-mas shopping is almost done too!

This station is so convenient for me I will have to seriously consider subscribing once my trial period ends.

So far, it looks like people are respecting the restrictive parking posted. Of course, that place will be crazy in a few weeks so it will be interesting to see if that holds up when the lot is jammed full.

Back