"DEAD" center multi function control screen .... no info at

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pandora1907

We have bought 3 Leaf's at work but when they arrived the dealer had removed the memory card from the car and sent in the mail. When we inserted them again we get no info what so ever on the center multi function control screen. So no radio, navigation, phone etc just a gray screen .....
What do I do to get it started again ? Same issue on all 3 cars....

Contact the dealer? How about your local dealer?

Do you have the cards matched up w/each car? I thought the cards had some copy protection so they might be tied to a particular unit.

Hello and thanks for the response,

We have inserted the right memo card in the right cars so this is not an issue. We have asked the dealer but he has no knowledge what so ever and is very far away from where we have the cars. Apart from this problem the cars are working great !
In general we are wondering if we need to insert a code (like on a radio if the power is cut)
Any help or tip would be appreciated from anybody who have experienced the same problem!!

How about your local dealer? If these cars are still under warranty, shouldn't this be covered under warranty?[/quote]

THE CARS ARE UNDER WARRANTY BUT THE DEALER IS FAR FAR AWAY (THE CARS ARE IN NORWAY ) AND THE NORWEGIAN DEALER HAVE VERY LIMITED KNOWLEDGE IF ANY AT ALL SO I NEED A TIP WHAT TO DO SINCE THAT WILL SAVE A LOT OF TIME.

mynameisjim said:
I can't imagine a reason for the memory card to be removed from the car while it passes through the dealer. Did they give one?

We neither but that is what they did and said they where afraid that they would have been stolen ..... (even if they only fit to that car and have no value at all for anybody but the car owner )

From page 1-3 of nav manual:

Insert sd card into right hand slot. Power car off. Power car back on.

If that doesn't work, call customer support.

Norway has dealers too, with Leaf techs.

Where are you?

Have you tried asking for help at elbilforum.no? (Norwegian forum) There's a lot of people with good knowledge about the cars there.

Back