DEAD LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
if its your EVSE, plug it in WITHOUT it. does it resolve anything? the dealer should have an EVSE, did plugging into theirs resolve anything?

i am guessing not. look elsewhere. its simply a bad electronic module you have there

They charged it several times on their EVSE (which is the same as mine) - charged and recharged all OK - my guess is that there is something going on with my EVSE - that's where I'm headed

shacksleaf said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
if its your EVSE, plug it in WITHOUT it. does it resolve anything? the dealer should have an EVSE, did plugging into theirs resolve anything?

i am guessing not. look elsewhere. its simply a bad electronic module you have there

They charged it several times on their EVSE (which is the same as mine) - charged and recharged all OK - my guess is that there is something going on with my EVSE - that's where I'm headed

Does your AV EVSE have the communication module in it that allows for remote control? I think there were a couple of threads about them failing to charge and having to be reset. I have the basic AV unit and have never had a problem. I have used it on the 208 V circuit in my workshop/garage and the Leaf charges fine (it will actually draw more current to make up for the lower voltage) so I doubt that it is just a low voltage problem.

Gerry

GerryAZ said:
shacksleaf said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

Does your AV EVSE have the communication module in it that allows for remote control? I think there were a couple of threads about them failing to charge and having to be reset. I have the basic AV unit and have never had a problem. I have used it on the 208 V circuit in my workshop/garage and the Leaf charges fine (it will actually draw more current to make up for the lower voltage) so I doubt that it is just a low voltage problem.

Gerry

Gerry - I am not sure if it has a communication module (kinda doubt it since it isn't connected to a router, or anything - but the local power company installed it at no charge to me and they are supposedly "monitoring" the car for a year - not sure how they get their info?) Just got off the phone with AV and they are going to have a tech come out next week and check the EVSE - I'll post where that takes me - have a good weekend

Back