Dec. 15 & 16 Rebate and EV Workshop in Los Angeles

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Center4Energy

Up to $5,000 available for your new LEAF (Los Angeles)

If you are interested in applying for this rebate and want to learn more about electric vehicles, please come to the Electric Vehicle Workshop on either of the dates/locations below:

LA Metro Building
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Wednesday, December 15 from 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.

-Or-

South Coast AQMD
21865 Copley Drive
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
Thursday, December 16 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

PLEASE NOTE: Attendance to this workshop is not required to receive the rebate. However, it will be a great way to learn more about the incentives, infrastructure and technology around these vehicles. Additionally, I realize that both of these locations are not ideal for all of you out there. We are looking for dates/locations in Orange County, however a workshop in Orange County will not likely occur until after the new year. If you can't make either of these workshops, please contact me and I will provide you with the workshop materials or other information that you require.

What is it: This workshop is targeted to individuals or fleets interested in taking advantage of the $5000 rebate available through California’s Clean Vehicle Rebate Project. Throughout the session, participants will learn more about the program including, how to register for the rebate, what vehicles are eligible and important upcoming dates. In addition to the Rebate Project, CCSE will be partnering with representatives from Southern California Edison (Diamond Bar) and LA DWP (LA Metro Buidling) to give you a better understanding of the impact these new vehicles will have on the grid as well as your energy bill. We are still securing representatives from the charging companies, however we anticipate that we will have AeroVironment as well as ECOtality available to talk about charging infrastructure.

How do I Register: Visit http://www.energycenter.org/cvrp-events , click on the workshop schedule for either December 15 or December 16.

If you have any questions or need any additional information please feel free to email or call David Almeida at 952-200-6247 or [email protected].

The California Center for Sustainable Energy (CCSE), a San Diego-based non-profit, administers the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project. Over the next three months, CCSE will be conducting workshops throughout the State in order to promote the Project and to educate consumers on electric vehicle technologies, new electric vehicle charging infrastructure being built across the State, and important consumer information regarding electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles.

Signed up for Diamond Bar....will see if there is anything new to be learned.

One thing I would like to know is when the LEAF will get it's placeholder back on the CVRP eligible vehicles page on energycenter.org?

I will go to Metro on the 15th. Look for me fellow forum members if you go. I am pretty hard to miss. 6'3" grey hair woman.

PS...a parking tip. Go to the corner of Alameda and Cesar Chavez at the Terminal Annex post office building. Park there in the open lot in front for $5. Walk across Cesar Chavez, then go left walking down Cesar Chavez east. You will soon come to the Metro Headquarters bldg. on your right. Walk up the spiraling stairs to the main entrance. Or you can take the light rail in to Union Station. Metro headquarters is up at street level near the eastern most portal of Union Station.

PPS You can park at Union Station itself in front of it in the open parking lot but they charge an arm and a leg. If you do this, then walk through Union Station all the way down the big main hallway (it is a hike!) to the back of the station or east side. Take the escalator up on the left. Walk outside to the left and you will see the huge multistory Metro HQ bldg. Can't miss it.

Kataphn said:
I will go to Metro on the 15th. Look for me fellow forum members if you go. I am pretty hard to miss. 6'3" grey hair woman.

PS...a parking tip. Go to the corner of Alameda and Cesar Chavez at the Terminal Annex post office building. Park there in the open lot in front for $5. Walk across Cesar Chavez, then go left walking down Cesar Chavez east. You will soon come to the Metro Headquarters bldg. on your right. Walk up the spiraling stairs to the main entrance. Or you can take the light rail in to Union Station. Metro headquarters is up at street level near the eastern most portal of Union Station.

Thanks Kataphn, I appreciate the parking advice. Looking forward to thanking you in person, I am pretty hard to miss as well. I am a short male (5'6") with red hair and glasses.

Thanks Kataphn, I appreciate the parking advice. Looking forward to thanking you in person, I am pretty hard to miss as well. I am a short male (5'6") with red hair and glasses

:lol: OK! we will find each other!

David,
Any news on when the LEAF will actually be eligible for the rebate? Deliveries to customers will start in less than 2 weeks...

I live much closer to the LA Metro location, but since I'm in Edison territory I'll be at the Diamond Bar event. Looking forward to streamlining the application.
FWIW, when I had a RAV-4 EV the checks were very easy to apply for and receive.

Just returned from the DBar workshop. First reaction is that ~20 mins of the 2-1/2 hrs was specific to the rebate ....

Few things, in particular regarding the rebate program:
- CVRP is slated to run through 2015.
- ARB decides on annual basis how much will be allocated to the fund. Approx. $8M available through CY 2011.
- Rebate is (currently) available if vehicle is purchased from out-of-state ... and so long as car new, and has not previously been registered out of state. This is consistent with, and not contrary to, CVRP Manual at https://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project, section 2.3.1.

About the rebate, in addition to what JPVL said:

$8m, if it all went in $5k chunks for light passenger vehicles, is good for ~1600 cars
$8m comprises of $3.1m left of current funding and $5m of new funding for 2010-2011. The $3.1m left from this year rolls-over.

Light duty passenger vehicles are broken into 4 types:

Type 1 - Can do at least 75 miles on battery power but under 100 miles. These receive $4k. Example - Smart EV
Type 2/3/4 - Can do at least 100 miles on battery power. These receive $5k. Example - LEAF.

Application process:

Fill out application online.
Receive email with applications and other info
Return signed* application and supporting documents within 14 days

*Program currently requires "wet" signature.

200k cars and the Federal tax credit - We've always thought that it was 200k LEAFs that would have to be sold before the Federal tax credit would expire. CSE's David Almeida seemed to indicate that his understanding was that it was when 200k EV/PHEV vehicles was sold. It's been a while since I looked, but I still believe it's when 200k of a manufacturer's model is sold. I will double check that at some time today.

Should funds run out for any given year the program has funding, a wait list will be made for when more funding becomes available. So you are encouraged to apply anyway and get yourself on this wait list.

mwalsh said:
200k cars and the Federal tax credit - We've always thought that it was 200k LEAFs that would have to be sold before the Federal tax credit would expire. CSE's David Almeida seemed to indicate that his understanding was that it was when 200k EV/PHEV vehicles was sold. It's been a while since I looked, but I still believe it's when 200k of a manufacturer's model is sold.
You are correct. From http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml ....

Phase Out & Termination (of Federal Tax credit)

The credit begins to phase out for vehicles at the beginning of the second calendar quarter after the manufacturer produces 200,000 eligible plug-in electric vehicles (i.e., plug-in hybrids and EVs) as counted from January 1, 2010. IRS will announce when a manufacturer exceeds this production figure and will announce the subsequent phase out schedule.
Also, website includes a nice (graphic) example.

Hello Everybody,

Thanks to all of you that came out to the workshops we had over the past two days in Diamond Bar and Downtown LA. I think we covered a great deal of information, which I will be sending out to all of you next week.

Also, hats off to all of you that distilled the important information about the rebate in the previous posts. I was going to send something out this morning, but you all beat me to the punch. However, I do have something to add.

The House just passed the tax package that included a one-year extension of the Alternative Vehicle Refueling Tax Credit at pre-stimulus levels of up to 30 percent which will result in a maximum of $1000 for individuals and $30,000 for businesses. This is great news to all of you out there. While it did drop from $2000 to $1000, it is still a clear signal from the Federal government of their commitment to promoting electric and alternative fueled vehicles.

Happy holidays,

David

Thanks for hosting, David....I learned more than I thought I would, and it was nice to catch up with some of my LEAF chums from here!

BTW, please send me that Edison presentation as soon as you can. That was probably the most exciting part of the night for me - seeing the TOU-D-TEV rate broken down so even an idiot like me could comprehend it. :D

Back