Defective Battery Temperature Sensor?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aibo

1) Is one of my temperature sensors defective? Should I get it fixed?
2) I mostly charge up to 80% (L1 charging only). 2 weeks ago, AHr was 63.37 and hlth was 97.33%. Why it dropped so much in 2 weeks? The car is only 3 weeks old. The weather has not changed much.
3) Leaf consoles shows SOC 47%. Leaf Spy shows 51.5%. Which is right?

qeoe.jpg

l6ou.jpg

mv6n.jpg

Thanks!!

aibo said:
1) Is one of my temperature sensors defective? Should I get it fixed?
2) I mostly charge up to 80% (L1 charging only). 2 weeks ago, AHr was 63.37 and hlth was 97.33%. Why it dropped so much in 2 weeks? The car is only 3 weeks old. The weather has not changed much.
3) Leaf consoles shows SOC 47%. Leaf Spy shows 51.5%. Which is right?

Thanks!!

2) The 2013 Leafs made after May generally show capacity of 60-63 when new, as opposed to 66 for Leafs made before May 2013. They have the actual same capacity as other Leafs. So far, no one has come up with a reason that Leaf Spy shows a much lower number. Presumably Nissan has programmed the capacity information differently, but no one knows for sure. There are other changes in these Leafs battery compared to earlier Leafs as well, most notably more energy held "in reserve" below VLBW, giving more miles "in reserve" if you are nearly out of juice. Almost certainly your battery is fine, the capacity read-out for the newer Leafs also jumps around some, both up and down, also for currently unknown reasons.

3) Both are correct. The dash SOC shows the % of currently "available" energy, the Leaf Spy shows the % of total capacity (some in reserve).

Back