Delivery date - 01/05/11

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
omkar said:
Just got a call from my dealer (Mark at Connell Nissan) saying that our car is at the dealership and will be ready for us to pick up tomorrow! :)

My dashboard says 'week of January 13, 2011'

Cool !

You should be able to go and buy it today - if you want to get tax credit. You can always take the car tomorrow ...

omkar said:
Just got a call from my dealer (Mark at Connell Nissan) saying that our car is at the dealership and will be ready for us to pick up tomorrow! :)

Cool, Omkar. You must be very excited.

Do you have your EVSE yet, I can't recall? If you need to charge up on the way home, due to "range anxiety", you can stop by my garage and top up. :lol:

omkar said:

Wow new years day?? . Cool. I am game. Forget football gimmee my car!!

omkar said:

omkar, what a wonderful New Year!! Congratulations and best of luck with your new Leaf! I look forward to hearing all about it!

WOOOHOOOO!!!! I'll take the joy of getting the new Leaf even if it is 'by proxy' or 'vicariously through omkar'. Congratulations!

omkar said:

Your dash says Jan 13 now, did it go pending on 12/21 like most other people with VINs and get updated today?

mwalsh said:
I guess I haven't voiced my happiness for omkar. I am, really. But I guess I'm also confused/perplexed (maybe even annoyed) as to why the 3 expected LEAFs weren't on the same transporter.
I guess you already confirmed with your PD that this is the case ...

In that case - I don't get it either.

Omkar, Nice way to start out the New Year!!! Congratulations!

So I guess no football for you tomorrow.

Mitch

kmp647 said:
I work at a dealership and we get car carriers on the weekend all the time
Maybe not new years day

Prob get the call monday :D

Yeah, my PD did say that they were likely to get two more this weekend. And to be fair, omkar did complete his order before I did. Still, it would have been nice to play with my car for the weekend instead of bringing it home and then needing to drive it to work the next day. Sigh.

Omkar,
It would be super cool to buy it this afternoon and
be the ONLY "real" customer delivery in 2010.

In any case, CONGRATULATIONS.

Will we see you at the Jan 15th Pre-Gathering at the Santa Ana HTB?
(I will be there from 10 AM to about noon, tomorrow, 1 Jan 2011 ... hint.)

Thanks everybody! We are very excited!

turbo2ltr, Yes, my dash went pending on 12/21 like everyone else's. The last few days it said something like 'Your dealer will be in contact with you on when you can pick up your car.'

gary, I will definitely do my best to make it out to the Jan 15th pre-gathering. We have a baby girl due on the 16th and from what I've heard, you never know how the timing on that will play out.

mike, I don't get it either. I would have guessed that all 3 of them would have been done at the same time.

Boomer, I did not get an EVSE yet. After our last gathering, I decided to hold off on that. I believe the L1 will suffice for now and I'm hoping there will be some more selection in the near future. Thanks for the offer!

Have a Happy New Year! I'll check in tomorrow after I have the car

omkar said:
Thanks everybody! We are very excited!

turbo2ltr, Yes, my dash went pending on 12/21 like everyone else's. The last few days it said something like 'Your dealer will be in contact with you on when you can pick up your car.'

gary, I will definitely do my best to make it out to the Jan 15th pre-gathering. We have a baby girl due on the 16th and from what I've heard, you never know how the timing on that will play out.

mike, I don't get it either. I would have guessed that all 3 of them would have been done at the same time.

Boomer, I did not get an EVSE yet. After our last gathering, I decided to hold off on that. I believe the L1 will suffice for now and I'm hoping there will be some more selection in the near future. Thanks for the offer!

Have a Happy New Year! I'll check in tomorrow after I have the car

Okay, cool Omkar. If you'd like to try your L2 charging, I wouldn't mind exercising my EVSE and the TED power use meter that I have set up.

I didn't realize that you had a baby due soon. What an exciting year for you!

For what it's worth, my L.A. dealer just told me that Nissan corporate is closed this weekend, pushing deliveries back to Monday at the earliest.

Here's my New Year prediction, based on what we've seen the past two weeks:

Omkar represents the breaking of the logjam. By the end of next week, at least fifty happy folks will be driving their new LEAFs. By the end of January, one hundred fifty to two hundred. And the flow will pick up rapidly after that.

Things will look pretty erratic for a few more days. We are at the end of a chain controlled by Nissan management, dispatchers and truckers. Our dealers have no control of the distribution process. But it will get sorted out, very soon.

It's going to be a fantastic January! Happy New Year!

-Karl

Back