Delivery dates pushed back?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solardude

i went to the drive event in Hillsboro today. The car was awesome and i left feeling quite elated until i stopped in to visit my dealer in Wilsonville. The dealer looked a bit sheepish when we made eye contact. i asked him what was up and he asked if i got "the email" today. "no, what email?" he then proceeded to tell me that Nissan sent out an email (just to dealers?) that said all deliveries were being pushed back due to some problem with the syncing of the computer to smart phones that had to be rectified. he claims initial deliveries are now set for Spring of 2011. I have a November order date and he said i would be lucky to see my car by June. If this is true, I am BUMMED. :cry:

solardude said:
Nissan sent out an email (just to dealers?) that said all deliveries were being pushed back due to some problem with the syncing of the computer to smart phones that had to be rectified.
Total FUD. Even if there were such a problem (which I'm sure there isn't), they wouldn't hold up the cars. There will undoubtedly be some minor computer bugs, but they will be fixed in the field, quite possibly with automatically downloaded updates.

If that were true it would say something about their testing process. You should ask to see that email, good luck.

You can drive the car without remote control, and the remote control functions are available through a web interface as well as through smart phone apps. A bug in those apps would just impair convenience for a while until they pushed out an update.

Now this makes sense, "MicroCrap OS delays leaf sales", who would ever doubt that one! That is one thing you could test over and over only to find a bug later. I suggest crushing those cars and getting a new OS. Good thing it is only affecting cars made for Oregon.

solardude said:
... syncing of the computer to smart phones that had to be rectified. he claims initial deliveries are now set for Spring of 2011.
LOL. Couldn't he have come up with a better reason ?

evnow said:
EVDRIVER said:
Good thing it is only affecting cars made for Oregon.
I wonder whether Ford cars with Sync have the same problem in Oregon.

Anything with this OS in Oregon is subject to a recall at the very least. Don't buy the new MS phone, they think it has something to do with GPS.

I think the dealer pulled that one from you know what. I bet he is hoping you would buy something off his lot now.

I had no problem syncing my iphone with leaf. Who cares about the rest :lol:

solardude said:
deliveries were being pushed back due to some problem with the syncing of the computer to smart phones that had to be rectified.

Your car salesman writes for engadget, right?

Back