Delivery of May 2011 Orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered mine on May 10th, currently showing ETA as "month of September 2011".

Ok, an update. This morning I received an email from Nissan saying "congratulations" on my purchase and the next step on my journey. No useful information there, but I took it as a sign that maybe the web site would finally have a "week of" ETA...and sure enough, it did! Now I'm "week of September 16th". (That happens to be a Friday, so it puzzles me whether that means "week leading up to September 16th" or "week following September 16th".) The web page then sent me over to the owner's page where I was able to view/update the profile for my car. And yes--I was able to see the VIN. So progress is finally being made. :)

Tomorrow my Blink is being installed as part of the EV project.

Ordered on 05/11. Red SL

After receiving my "Congratulations" email on 07/22, my delivery went from Month of Aug to Week of Aug 29.

I called the Nissan Leaf rep today to see if anything had changed. To my surprise I was told my status showed Delivered. When I told them that Bankston Nissan hadn't called me they explained that the car is considered Delivered when it reaches the rail yard in Mesquite. My call to Bankston didn't really have any additional info other than it would take them a day to prep the car once it arrives from the rail yard. I was told that the car might be ready as early as Wednesday (08/10). I'll update when I get the call.

Got changed again to the "Week of August 19." :roll:

El Cerrito, CA, SF Bay Area
Reserved April, 2011
Ordered May 11, 2011
Dashboard shows "Week of August 18" > "Week of August 19" > "Week of August 18" > "Week of August 22" > "Week of August 19"
Red SL
Vin# 7316

Ok, I made some calls and found out that my LEAF and probably a lot of others is on a ship inbound to the US. Did some searching on some shipping websites and found out that the "Luna Spirit" which is a known LEAF carrier is about 2 days out from Port of Los Angeles. I set up an alert to notify me when the ship is entering the Port of LA. Anyone know of any webcams at the port so we can see if they off load any LEAFs?

Did some recalculations and it turns out the ship is about 4 days out so that would pretty much concide with the Aug 29th arrival date given they have to unload and ship the vehicle to San Diego then dealer prep. I think it will probably be a little early though.

Reserved 5/10, quote accepted 5/13 (I think), Pearl White, SoCal, as of last 2 months ago says estimated delivery is August 2011.

Interesting. I wonder if mine (ordered May 10th, due "week of September 16th") is one same boat, and if so, why is the ETA so much later. Perhaps they're driving it from the Port of L.A. to Seattle. If so, then the delay sort of makes sense: 1) Drive it 75 miles on the highway with A/C on. 2) Let it L1 charge until the next day. 3) Rinse and repeat...and repeat...and repeat...etc. :)

I ordered in early January and am.....

Reddy...... and still waiting for my Nissan Leaf sometime in August

marccbr said:
Ok, I made some calls and found out that my LEAF and probably a lot of others is on a ship inbound to the US. Did some searching on some shipping websites and found out that the "Luna Spirit" which is a known LEAF carrier is about 2 days out from Port of Los Angeles. I set up an alert to notify me when the ship is entering the Port of LA. Anyone know of any webcams at the port so we can see if they off load any LEAFs?

Any word on the ships location?

For the past couple of days it has been stopped about 456 Nautical Miles of the west coast. I'm presuming that it had to do with customs or port scheduling but I am now happy to report that as of this morning it is moving at 17 knots toward LA they must have been cleared to come in.

Mine still says August 2011, it is 8/15 already and as others got their specific dates set I'm wondering if this means the delivery will be pushed to September or later...

Apparently, no one on this blog who ordered on May 2011 has gotten a car yet, though it seems we are getting close. It would be helpful to all and those who will follow if we gave more info about our orders, such as location, vin#, etc... Members would be better to ascertain if they were left behind or not.

El Cerrito, CA, SF Bay Area
Reserved April, 2011
Ordered May 11, 2011
Dashboard shows "Week of August 18" > "Week of August 19" > "Week of August 18" > "Week of August 22" > "Week of August 19"
Red SL
Vin# 7316

Looks like four from WA state are posting here (wish all posters would include a location in their profile).

Interesting dates:

Burien wk of 8/29 #7355
Puyallup wk of 9/12 #7964
Duvall wk of 9/16
Everett wk of 9/23 #8344

El Cajon, CA, San Diego Area
Reserved May 2011
Ordered May 6, 2011
Dashboard shows "Week of August 29"
White SL+QC
Vin# 7879

ebill3, seems to be very random. I have a feeling that they will all arrive at the same time in late Aug. if they are coming from the same ship inbound to LA.

marccbr said:
Valdemar, that is unusual you should give customer support a call they may be able to get you more information.

Just phoned Nissan support, the lady on the phone said everything looks good and I should see Carwings section/VIN# opening up and the actual date in a week or so. We'll see...

Back