Egg or the Chicken?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipemajor

Nissan hinted in their Jun 27 email to me the LEAF won't be available for order in my upper midwest area until fall/winter 2011. I understand you're supposed to get the EV assessment and schedule an install of the home charging station prior to either ordering or taking delivery of the car.

But... the federal tax credit for home charging stations expires the end of 2010, representing a significant penalty for those of us who have the misfortune to live outside an early launch area.

'twould be nice if Nissan & co "adjusted" the price to compensate for the unfortunate timing. Understand the federal credit for the car is good through 2011.

I would have to think that an extension will be put into place. Only Nissan will deliver cars in 2010 (other than Tesla), and only in limited numbers. Expect an extension.

LEAFguy said:
I would have to think that an extension will be put into place. Only Nissan will deliver cars in 2010 (other than Tesla), and only in limited numbers. Expect an extension.

2010 delivery: Also GM (Volt) :)

Back