Electric Bus

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralphmc

I found this today reading through some media clips from Ecotality:

http://www.verdek.com/buses.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is full size Electric City Bus with a 100 mile range (incl. heating or cooling)

KEY SPECIFICATIONS
Length 39' 3"
Width 8' 4"
Height 10' 8"
First Step Height 14"
GVW 39,700 lbs
Max Speed 55 MPH
Max Range 100miles (with air conditioning/heating)
Seating Capacity according to requirements
BATTERY SYSTEM Litium

Wow this is the future for City Commuter Traffic.

Ralph

Quick charge in 30 minutes looks pretty good. Maybe just an overhead system to charge at each stop and it would run continuously.
Probably much lower cost compared to running electric lines on the entire route and it keeps the route flexible.

Looks like a better setup than the BYD bus whose batteries take up some of the passenger space necessitating most of the passengers to stand. I am a little curious, though, about a company that says their vehicles operate on "litium" batteries.. :)

In the future, when you have to make a longer trip, say "no thanks" to that CO2 spewing airplane, and book a ride on...

THE ELECTRIC SUPERBUS!

Wubbo Ockels is a man of many talents.

Not only is he the first Dutch citizen to travel into space aboard the now-retired space shuttle, Ockels is also the driving force behind a project that hopes to revolutionize public transportation.

Ockels’ team is developing an electric-powered “Superbus,” that they hope may someday replace trains as the preferred method of high-speed travel across continental Europe.

The goal is to provide 23 passengers with luxury accommodations, while the nearly-silent Superbus whisks them from point A to point B at a cruising speed of 155 miles per hour...

Must see video of: "A recent (and rare) snowstorm in the Netherlands gave the team an ideal opportunity to test the ABS system as well as the Superbus’ low-traction handling."

at:

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1074030_wubbo-ockels-electric-superbus-undergoes-winter-testing-video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit-

The more times I watch that Video, the more I think that this vehicle might appeal to certain types of ICEV drivers, in the USA.

Owners of both Tesla roadsters and Hummers, who now use those vehicles for their trips to the grocery store, might be lured away from their present rides, and purchase one of these things...

edatoakrun said:
In the future, when you have to make a longer trip, say "no thanks" to that CO2 spewing airplane, and book a ride on...

THE ELECTRIC SUPERBUS!

Wubbo Ockels is a man of many talents.

Not only is he the first Dutch citizen to travel into space aboard the now-retired space shuttle, Ockels is also the driving force behind a project that hopes to revolutionize public transportation.

Ockels’ team is developing an electric-powered “Superbus,” that they hope may someday replace trains as the preferred method of high-speed travel across continental Europe.

The goal is to provide 23 passengers with luxury accommodations, while the nearly-silent Superbus whisks them from point A to point B at a cruising speed of 155 miles per hour...

Must see video of: "A recent (and rare) snowstorm in the Netherlands gave the team an ideal opportunity to test the ABS system as well as the Superbus’ low-traction handling."

at:

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1074030_wubbo-ockels-electric-superbus-undergoes-winter-testing-video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit-

The more times I watch that Video, the more I think that this vehicle might appeal to certain types of ICEV drivers, in the USA.

Owners of both Tesla roadsters and Hummers, who now use those vehicles for their trips to the grocery store, might be lured away from their present rides, and purchase one of these things...

Somehow--I have a difficult time envisioning that sucker cruising down the Golden State Freeway in LA @ 155mph during rush hour?????? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The Kings Canyon Unified School District in Reedley, CA is about to put into service two new electric school buses. :D

http://www.reedleyexponent.com/articles/2012/02/23/publications/orange_cove_and_mountain_times/news/doc4f4564da32929336070496.txt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

edatoakrun said:

THE ELECTRIC SUPERBUS!

<snip>

Prom night limo rentals! :lol:

"derkraut"
Somehow--I have a difficult time envisioning that sucker cruising down the Golden State Freeway in LA @ 155mph during rush hour??????

If you are hypermiling in your LEAF at 55 mph in the HOV lane, and see a small black object, in your rear view mirror, get larger, very quickly, I'd suggest you consider changing lanes...

Yeah that's what I was thinking - 10 times the Leaf battery is about 6,000 lbs plus. Pretty expensive bus. Great idea though. (Maybe this is why the Nissan US plant is making extra batteries? :?: :D )

Back