Encouraging response on ICE'ing from Raleigh PD

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyz80

I've owned my 2013 SL for about a month now, and I've been doing my best to explore the available charging options when I'm out and about. My wife and I drive into downtown Raleigh, NC for dinner quite frequently, and there are a couple of public L2 EVSEs near the areas we frequent. One of the chargers is curbside, right in the middle of the main downtown street (Fayetteville St) where there are lots of great restaurants. I've driven by it close to a dozen times, and it's always been occupied by a minivan, pickup, etc., despite having a big sign mentioning EV-Only, fines, etc.

I emailed the Raleigh PD to ask what sort of enforcement can be applied here, and the response was a lot more encouraging than I expected. Here's what they replied with:

-----
"Sir:

Sorry you're been having such a difficult time with this! I am going to forward your email to our Parking representatives. RPD has a great relationship with them, and I am confident that they will increase enforcement efforts. If you experience this again, please contact the non-emergency number (831-6311) and request that someone respond and issue a parking citation. Also feel free to call me on my cell phone at XXX-XXXX. Our Downtown District police officers will also be made aware of this issue...

Regards,

Major XXX
Raleigh Police"

Back