Fan Only uses as much energy as A/C?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEAFfan said:
mogur said:
But what CAN happen is that, if the temperature is set too high with AC off, the heater will come on low. To try and insure this does not happen, I usually turn the temperature down to something like 65 or lower when I have the Ac off and want just ventilation. Try that and I think you will see your CC energy use drop to basically nothing...

Interesting...because I have my A/C set at 88 all the time, whether the A/C is on or off and the heater has never come on yet. I always watch the energy screen. I think you may have meant when you turn on the fan only to get fresh air, the heater comes on with a high set temp.

My observation is similar, that the heater shuts off when you put the A/C on high or low. Yesterday I tried to blast the heater on max (90 degrees) and the car went into "you have to be kidding mode" and just blew cold air at me via the fan. The weak heater is why all the 2012 models will have heated seats.

In the future, I hope they will also allow for the driver to direct air to the front window to defrost without having to turn on outside air. I'm almost always on the freeway in the morning and don't want to breath the ICE semi/bus in front of me just to be able to clear the foggy windows and see. The A/C is a work in progress it seems. I actually try to keep the windows cracked to cool when possible (around the burbs) and wear a sweater if it's cold... works pretty good so far.

I'm still waiting to see the first post of a Leaf driver using an electrically heated vest intended for motorcycle drivers.

Herm said:
I'm still waiting to see the first post of a Leaf driver using an electrically heated vest intended for motorcycle drivers.

That's a great idea, but what's different on a bike is the enclosure, and all your moisture laden breath spewing on the cold windshield.

We need an electric windshield defrost.

Back