February orders - any open yet? and reservation date spread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ic96, Call Nissan in Nashville. Ask for the President of Nissan or his executive secretary. They will likely hand you over to customer service . However the call will likely get there attention.

I did call in, I didn't ask for a supervisor. This person told me she's seen several like this,in the "etec accepted" category, that all have a delay in ordering. She has escalated it to the "computer department" that supposed to coordinate the web approval process. She said I would be contacted within a week via my email address or phone number.

I called again and this time one of the supervisors said that I had filled out the survey to join the EV Project. I was already rejected because I live in Orange County (and it's not available here).

But, apparently, Nissan is still waiting to hear back from ECOtality. The supervisor said he was going to escalate my account...

I received an email from Nissan USA... Seems I finally get to order on Monday. I hope it's true.

Well, I don't call Aug 14th tail end, but ...but if you mean as in "didn't get to order," yes.

I know this has to be enormously frustrating. A Nissan executive should call you and at least apologize. If they are smart marketers they will.

It looks like production has ramped up, so it is unlikely that this snafu will hurt your delivery date

Hopefully by June you will have you Leaf!

So I was finally able to request a quote today. Never got an email that my dashboard was open.

More interestingly, my LEAF seems to have been upgraded from an SL to SL-e. Does that mean I was somehow accepted into the EV Project (since my account got escalated for not being able to order in Feb) even though I live in Orange County?

During my quote request, I was never given an option to add the Quick Charge port (and the model says "SL ETEC"). Has this happened to anyone else?

Also, does this mean that I may now also be eligible for the free EVSE? How do I get that process going or, at least, verify that I am indeed in the EV Project?

Thanks!

Does your Nissan Leaf account show Etec approved? If so, it would appear that you are included. You could call the Ecotality local office. It probably would be the one located in L A. You can get their telephone number from the main web site of Ecotality

No, it does not say Etec approved anywhere. But it does show that my order is for the "2011 Nissan LEAF ETEC". Here is a snapshot of my dashboard:

2iusvgy.png

My dealer is going to call Nissan and make sure everything looks good on my account. I will also call the EV Project local office after my dealer hears back from Nissan.

Thanks!

I finally joined the forum after many months of simply peeking at the posts. With regards to the question of February orders I was able to get my order confirmation on February 9th. I initially reserved 7/16/10, then received my RAQ notice 1/31/11 as well as getting approved for a zero fee ETEC sponsored EcoTotality installed home charging station. My dashboard has not been updated with any news since 2/9 and am left with the official line of 4 - 7 mths for delivery post order confirmation. I can only believe then that June 2011 is my date of oil industry freedom.

Back