First 2012's

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See this thread:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6132" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No ... those are 2011's, close up shows one with the Cold Weather Package (rear seat heater); do not believe there are ANY 2012's on these shores yet ... even the most recent dealer demo's to the Tier 2 states are all 2011's.

UPDATE: my sign' says it all -- still expected Nov '11 delivery of a '12

Kwirky said:
I've been checking my dashboard daily and it was just updated this morning to show a January 2012 delivery.

mine was updated yesterday, and I also received 2 emails, 1 yesterday and another one today. January 2012...

+ 1

that's why I created that thread .. if there are other recent 'sightings' of an actual MY 2012 LEAF's now that would be news

cwerdna said:
So, do we know the delivery date of the final 2011s, esp. those w/the colors that might result in delay?

I'don't know about Nissan, but Toyota does their model year changeover during October, so its possible the last 2011's have already rolled off the assembly line...

mitch672 said:
cwerdna said:
So, do we know the delivery date of the final 2011s, esp. those w/the colors that might result in delay?

I'don't know about Nissan, but Toyota does their model year changeover during October, so its possible the last 2011's have already rolled off the assembly line...
If the first known 2012 exported to the USA is scheduled for delivery the week of November 1st in Florida, I think it is safe to say that production of 2011s must have ended some weeks ago.

mitch672 said:
FWIW, when I bought my 04 Nissan 350Z, I was near the end of the 03 model year in mid-July or so (pickings were slim). So, I put down a deposit for an 04 (which was no more expensive), waited and picked mine up on around Labor Day weekend of 03.

I still have pictures of it from 8/29/03, as it was the same day as the Fry's Electronics grand opening up in Renton, WA. It was the first 04 that my dealer had "delivered".

Back