First one year check at dealer. What is the truth?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boba

After the test was finished I was told that everything was fine with the exception that the car was being charged too often. (Currently 27 miles per charge, almost all L1) My reply was that though I had no more problems with range anxiety, my wife still had trouble with it. Immediately someone said "That's OK, it won't do any harm". I'm not sure what to think. Any comments?

I usually charge to 85% because most trips require a 600 foot downhill and a near full charge requires applying the brakes. Once or twice a month a single charge covers 60 miles or so. Will L1 really do significant harm with the short charge times.

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain." **

From all the data we have so far, charging patterns appear to have little effect on battery capacity loss. If you are charging to about 85% most of the time you are fine. The number one factor is heat, which depends on your local climate. The number two factor is time (calendar losses). The number 3 factor is miles driven (cycling losses).

** The Wizard of Oz

Thanks for the reassurance and the Battery aging model spreadsheet url. I suspect living near the coast of Maine there will be minimum problems with high temperature. This year we never saw temperatures over 87 and very few days in the 80s.

Back