Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was like 30 days from getting your VIN to delivery...anyone know?

My delivery date still shows week of December 17th - my VIN is a little over 200 lower than KeyDiver's (is there a reason I shouldn't share this number? I thought I read somewhere not to but then it seems like everyone here is sharing their's so it shouldn't matter?) But I did see someone else with a VIN number after mine with a delivery date 2 weeks before mine? So who knows.

evenoelle said:

My delivery date still shows week of December 17th - my VIN is a little over 200 lower than KeyDiver's (is there a reason I shouldn't share this number? I thought I read somewhere not to but then it seems like everyone here is sharing their's so it shouldn't matter?) But I did see someone else with a VIN number after mine with a delivery date 2 weeks before mine? So who knows.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency when it comes to VIN assignment and release dates. I ordered on August 30th, got a VIN on October 18th (right after the car was loaded on the ship in Japan). The car arrived in the U.S. on November 14th, and is, probably at the dealer, now.

But, that kind of smooth progression seems to be the exception, rather than the rule.

It's too bad that Weston Nissan made my life so difficult (I'll get over it, eventually). Otherwise, I can praise Nissan for a pretty good job.

Weatherman said:
evenoelle said:

There doesn't seem to be any consistency when it comes to VIN assignment and release dates. I ordered on August 30th, got a VIN on October 18th (right after the car was loaded on the ship in Japan). The car arrived in the U.S. on November 14th, and is, probably at the dealer, now.

But, that kind of smooth progression seems to be the exception, rather than the rule.

It's too bad that Weston Nissan made my life so difficult (I'll get over it, eventually). Otherwise, I can praise Nissan for a pretty good job.
I officially got my VIN number today (Serial Number #15123). Bill Seidle had told me the number two weeks ago when I came by to price my trade-in. That is when I was told the car was in JAX and was missing the VIN plate. They finally must have attached it to the cars since I got my CarWings activation email this morning. AND as expected the delivery date changed to Dec 6.

spike09 said:
I officially got my VIN number today (Serial Number #15123). Bill Seidle had told me the number two weeks ago when I came by to price my trade-in. That is when I was told the car was in JAX and was missing the VIN plate. They finally must have attached it to the cars since I got my CarWings activation email this morning. AND as expected the delivery date changed to Dec 6.

Are you trading in the car at BS Nissan? We are trying to decide if it is worth the hassle to try to sell our car elsewhere or to just give it to them.

BTW - did you get the dealer fee waived?

evenoelle said:
We are trying to decide if it is worth the hassle to try to sell our car elsewhere or to just give it to them.

I'd suggest going to CarMax and asking for an appraisal. It doesn't take long and you have ammunition if BS Nissan tries to low-ball you on your trade in. There's a CarMax location less than a mile east of BS Nissan on NW 12th St. Literally within walking distance.

evenoelle said:
spike09 said:

Are you trading in the car at BS Nissan? We are trying to decide if it is worth the hassle to try to sell our car elsewhere or to just give it to them.

BTW - did you get the dealer fee waived?
I did not get the Dealer Fee waived and they offered me $2K less than the car is worth. Unless you have a car that is less than 3 to 5 years old they will probably offer you $2500.

I am selling the car myself. It is worth the hassle.

spike09 said:
Unless you have a car that is less than 3 to 5 years old they will probably offer you $2500.

They originally offered me $5,000 for the car - that was 3 months ago. The car is over 10 years old and has some cosmetic damage thanks to the smallest parking spaces in the world and the very courteous Miami drivers. Last time I checked the KBB value it was $5,200. So....it will be interesting to see what happens now given what you have experienced.

evenoelle said:
spike09 said:
Unless you have a car that is less than 3 to 5 years old they will probably offer you $2500.

They originally offered me $5,000 for the car - that was 3 months ago. The car is over 10 years old and has some cosmetic damage thanks to the smallest parking spaces in the world and the very courteous Miami drivers. Last time I checked the KBB value it was $5,200. So....it will be interesting to see what happens now given what you have experienced.

From what I hear if you put it on craigs list you will have like 20 phone calls within the hour, that there are tons of people out there looking for cars in that price range. You have to be willing to put up with the nonsense though. Cash only. Try mentioning it on facebook, could be a friend or family member knows someone who can put it to good use. Even if you don't get any more for it you can at least feel like its helping someone out, not just lining some dealer's pockets, and you avoid dealing with the riff-raff.

My theory is if you have an $800 car and the dealer only gives you $600 for it, so what... but before taking $6k for an $8k car, you consider options.

LTLFTcomposite said:
My theory is if you have an $800 car and the dealer only gives you $600 for it, so what... but before taking $6k for an $8k car, you consider options.
FWIW, I have a 2005 Toyota 4Runner with over 80K miles and quite a few scratches/dents (wife's driving, not mine :eek: ). Took it to CarMax a week ago. They offered $10K. KBB trade-in value is $11.5K. Nissan dealer offered $9K. All said it's an SUV with high miles and will wind up at auction. I decided to sell to CarMax since I don't have the time to haggle on a private sale, especially on an SUV priced at $11-12K. So I have an appointment at 6pm today to finalize the sale.

I just want to unload the gas guzzler (avg 16 MPG) and enjoy my new baby!

LTLFTcomposite said:
From what I hear if you put it on craigs list you will have like 20 phone calls within the hour, that there are tons of people out there looking for cars in that price range. You have to be willing to put up with the nonsense though. Cash only. Try mentioning it on facebook, could be a friend or family member knows someone who can put it to good use. Even if you don't get any more for it you can at least feel like its helping someone out, not just lining some dealer's pockets, and you avoid dealing with the riff-raff.

We had talked about selling the car privately a while ago but we decided that we simply don't want to deal with the hassle of the phone calls, etc. We've decided to bring it to CarMax to see what they have to say and then we will weigh the offer against whatever BS Nissan offers us - we'll decided based on the tax advantage.

spike09 said:
Weatherman said:
evenoelle said:

Delivery date changed to Week of Dec 8!

Did you all see this?

http://www.local10.com/news/Publix-store-features-electric-car-charging-station/-/1717324/4857988/-/9v1nwa/-/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I drove my longest distance yesterday. I started off in Baldwin Park and drove to Downtown Disney via I4. On the way back I stopped off at Mall at Millenia and then continued to Baldwin Park on I4. All together it was about 50.

Started off with an 80% charge.
Windows up. Auto Climate Control set at 70 with outside temp at 59.
Audio on, listening to Bluetooth stream Pandora from phone.
Headlamps on.
Eco Drive Mode on.
Most of the drive was on I4 going either 50mph (downtown area) or 55mph.
Was able to maintain a steady speed using cruise control.
On returning home, SOC was around 30%.

The car showed three charge bars remaining once I got of I4 and stayed that way for the 4 or so miles to home.

Luke

evenoelle said:
Did you all see this?

http://www.local10.com/news/Publix-store-features-electric-car-charging-station/-/1717324/4857988/-/9v1nwa/-/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another reference:

http://blogs.trb.com/features/consumer/shopping/blog/2011/11/charge_your_electric_car_for_f.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like they are going to start with the stores that have parking garages.

Maybe some good news up here in N Florida, my dashboard changed to pending, and my VIN showed up on my dealer's inventory list. Now if they keep their word on the price, I may be Leafing soon.

LukeFL said:
I drove my longest distance yesterday. I started off in Baldwin Park and drove to Downtown Disney via I4. On the way back I stopped off at Mall at Millenia and then continued to Baldwin Park on I4. All together it was about 50.

Started off with an 80% charge.
Windows up. Auto Climate Control set at 70 with outside temp at 59.
Audio on, listening to Bluetooth stream Pandora from phone.
Headlamps on.
Eco Drive Mode on.
Most of the drive was on I4 going either 50mph (downtown area) or 55mph.
Was able to maintain a steady speed using cruise control.
On returning home, SOC was around 30%.

The car showed three charge bars remaining once I got of I4 and stayed that way for the 4 or so miles to home.
My wife had a similar experience yesterday on her first day driving the Leaf. She started with about 95 miles of range and ran several errands during the day, totaling about 70 miles. At the end she wound up with 35 miles left. Of course she charged several times during the day from our 110 outlet, one to two hours at a time. In all, she is very excited about the Leaf!

Maybe some good news up here in N Florida, my dashboard changed to pending, and my VIN showed up on my dealer's inventory list. Now if they keep their word on the price, I may be Leafing soon.

Can you post your deal?

Guys great news on Publix this maybe only one but it is one more than last week.

The Dodge somthingorother that Nissan loaned me is driving me insane I only have 8 days to go I feel like a kid geting an xbox

BrainDonor said:
My wife had a similar experience yesterday on her first day driving the Leaf. She started with about 95 miles of range and ran several errands during the day, totaling about 70 miles. At the end she wound up with 35 miles left. Of course she charged several times during the day from our 110 outlet, one to two hours at a time. In all, she is very excited about the Leaf!

How is the range guesstimator working?.. being that Florida is flat as a pancake it should work very well.

Herm said:
How is the range guesstimator working?.. being that Florida is flat as a pancake it should work very well.
We've only had the car for two days but it seems pretty accurate, based on your driving style. Right now the car is fully charged with a range estimate of 99 miles.

Brightonuk said:

Can you post your deal?

Guys great news on Publix this maybe only one but it is one more than last week.

The Dodge somthingorother that Nissan loaned me is driving me insane I only have 8 days to go I feel like a kid geting an xbox

Griner Nissan in Valdosta told me they would take the dealer fee OFF the MSRP, then add it back on (net result no dealer fee), 6% Georgia tax, and title. Then, I will have to go to the Leon Co Courthouse to pay an additional 1.5% tax (Leon County FL is 7.5% but they will not charge FL tax since I paid GA) tag and another title fee. It was the only dealer anywhere close to Tallahassee that would take the dealer fee off MSRP or not charge a dealer fee.

Back