Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yer I guess so I am a little disappointed at the response even a courtesy post to say I can't make it or some suggestion for another date time and place

There is a Car meet every Friday at University and I595 in the Home Depot parking lot usually about 75-100 cars classic mods etc
I ask the guy who runs it is we could bring five E V's he said sure and would allocate a place in the show for us

Let me know

Brightonuk said:
Yer I guess so I am a little disappointed at the response even a courtesy post to say I can't make it or some suggestion for another date time and place

There is a Car meet every Friday at University and I595 in the Home Depot parking lot usually about 75-100 cars classic mods etc
I ask the guy who runs it is we could bring five E V's he said sure and would allocate a place in the show for us

Let me know

To be fair folks may have tuned out this forum a bit as they make preparations for Christmas. We might get better turnout in January, e.g. braindonor, and evnoelle will be back. How about Jan 14th? If we can't get any consensus on that Brightonuk, I'd be happy to meet up with you on 12/30 at the home depot. Name the time.

LTLFTcomposite said:
How about we set a date of January 14th? Does that work for everyone? Once we get consensus on the date we can discuss locations.
I can do the 14th, too. I think a centrally located Nissan dealer would be best for those that need a charge to get back. I did a search of Nissan dealers in South Florida (see short URL below from Google maps), and it looks like Weston, Maroone of Pembroke Pines, and Maroone of Fort Lauderdale are the most "central". I don't have any experience with either one. If we decide to go with a place that offers charging (like Aventura Mall or Dania Beach), it costs about $3 per hour for L2 charge.

http://g.co/maps/xxgk7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BrainDonor said:
Weston, Maroone of Pembroke Pines, and Maroone of Fort Lauderdale are the most "central". I don't have any experience with either one. If we decide to go with a place that offers charging (like Aventura Mall or Dania Beach), it costs about $3 per hour for L2 charge.

Sounds like there's bad blood with Weston, is anyone familiar with the areas around Maroone of Pembroke Pines? I though it would be nice to find something like a Chilis, not all just stand around in a parking lot.

LTLFTcomposite said:
BrainDonor said:
Weston, Maroone of Pembroke Pines, and Maroone of Fort Lauderdale are the most "central". I don't have any experience with either one. If we decide to go with a place that offers charging (like Aventura Mall or Dania Beach), it costs about $3 per hour for L2 charge.

Sounds like there's bad blood with Weston, is anyone familiar with the areas around Maroone of Pembroke Pines? I though it would be nice to find something like a Chilis, not all just stand around in a parking lot.

There are lots of shopping areas near Maroone Nissan of Pembroke Pines (MNOPP), so I'm sure there will be a good eatery within walking distance, though I'm not familiar with the area. From Google maps, I see a Chuck E. Cheese for those of us who may want to drop off little kids before the meet-up and maybe pick them up later. ;-)

I will call MNOPP to see how many chargers they have and if they don't mind us using them that day.

Also, I would prefer if we meet at 2 since my daughter has dance class until noon (in Lake Worth) on Saturdays.

BrainDonor said:
I will call MNOPP to see how many chargers they have and if they don't mind us using them that day.

I talked to someone (very nice) at MNOPP. He said they have 2 charging stations and it's no problem for us to use them.

It is 48 miles from my house to there, but I may forego the charge if someone else needs it, if I wind up spending the night in Hollywood.

BrainDonor said:
BrainDonor said:

I talked to someone (very nice) at MNOPP. He said they have 2 charging stations and it's no problem for us to use them.

It is 48 miles from my house to there, but I may forego the charge if someone else needs it, if I wind up spending the night in Hollywood.

Looks like a plan is starting to gel. Saturday Jan 14th at at 2pm, MNoPP 8890 Pines Blvd. I see there is a Pollo Tropical at 8299 Pines Blvd if we want a place to socialize other than hanging around the dealer, where they will no doubt be busy trying to make a living selling ICE cars, and may not appreciate us creating a distraction.

Is there a way to contact other Leaf owners who are not on the forum yet to let them know about our meeting? I will tell my salesman at Maroone Nissan of Miami (Hector Carrera) so he can pass the word along to his other customers.

N1ghtrider said:
Is there a way to contact other Leaf owners who are not on the forum yet to let them know about our meeting? I will tell my salesman at Maroone Nissan of Miami (Hector Carrera) so he can pass the word along to his other customers.
I have contacted now7grandkids, the first delivery in Palm Beach, so he's aware of our plans.

The car meet at 595 and University has loads of places to eat withing walking distance
As for "Can I make it" just put the address into your nav and it should tell you if you have enough juice or Mapquest it.
If we want to meet here on any Friday evenng and be a part of the car show the address is

Home Depot/Best Buy Parking lot
2300 S University Drive,
Plantation. FL 33324

I do not think there is much around the Maroone location but I am up for any suggestions
There are loads of very cool cars that come to the show so when we get fed up looking at each others Leaf's (They all look exactly the same) we will have somthing else to look at :lol:

Brightonuk said:
The car meet at 595 and University has loads of places to eat withing walking distance
As for "Can I make it" just put the address into your nav and it should tell you if you have enough juice or Mapquest it.
If we want to meet here on any Friday evenng and be a part of the car show the address is

Home Depot/Best Buy Parking lot
2300 S University Drive,
Plantation. FL 33324

I do not think there is much around the Maroone location but I am up for any suggestions
There are loads of very cool cars that come to the show so when we get fed up looking at each others Leaf's (They all look exactly the same) we will have somthing else to look at :lol:

Were you thinking instead of or in addition to meeting at Pollo/MNoPP on 1/14/2012? The car meet sounds like fun but there seemed to be concern over having the M&G some place where there is charging.

Back