Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we need to get a Florida LEAF past the 20,000 mile, or 18 month mark, without any noticeable degradation before doing the Hampster Dance.

If we're starting to see problems this early, we might just as well take our toys and go home.

Can someone please clarify where the October 13th Gold Coast EAA meeting will be? Is it in Delray Beach or Deerfield Beach?

http://goldcoasteaa.org/?p=653

October Meeting at Deerfield Beach Community Center
Published October 9, 2012 at 2:56 pm - No Comments
The next EAA Meeting is October 13th at the Delray Beach Community Center at 10:00am-12. ...

UPDATE: After posting a comment on the event page link above, the page was updated and it is in Delray Beach.

Key West now has a public charger! NILES SALES & SERVICE (Authorized Nissan LEAF Dealer) located at 3500 N ROOSEVELT BLVD, KEY WEST, FLORIDA

Oh Goody!! Now if I can make it to Ft Myers and then across Alligator Alley...... I'll be able to make it to Key West.... !! :D :lol:

Unfortunately, unless I travel at 20mph. I won't make it between stations. :(

09Bamb00 said:
Oh Goody!! Now if I can make it to Ft Myers and then across Alligator Alley...... I'll be able to make it to Key West.... !! :D :lol:

Unfortunately, unless I travel at 20mph. I won't make it between stations. :(
Yep. Need one in Key Largo for us mainlanders. Hope to see a few LEAF sales from the Conch Republic.

I haven't heard of any, and I wouldn't expect any, any time soon.

My vote would be to install them at the Service Plazas along the Florida Turnpike.

http://turnpikeinfo.com/florida/service/servicePlazas.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Doesn't help the Florida west coast much, but it would allow Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach residents to make it all the way to Orlando. Maybe Disney would be willing to make a contribution to install them. ;)

If we had one near the I4 & I75 intersection I could drive our Leaf to Orlando ( and Disney). Disney seems less than interested in charging infrastructure from responses I've seen to charging requests.

spike09 said:
Heard back from the FPL rep responsible for the Pilot EV program. They will not be able to install a charger until I get a smart meter installed. The good news is I am on the waiting list.

FINALLY got my free charger as part of the FPL Plug-In Electric Vehicle Home Charging Program. The electrician installed my Blink EV charger yesterday. Technically it belongs to FPL but after one year I will own it.

The Blink monitors my charging habits via my wireless connection. The unit has a programmable touch screen interface that I can also view on my computer. I tried registering the unit with the Blink Network but it was already registered to another customer, likely FPL.

189130_10151081748686898_331377513_n.jpg

I still have the AV EVSE I bought 10 months ago. Never had a single problem with it! I might hook up a 240V plug and use it as a portable charger for now. Still prefer the AV because it is much less obtrusive (my charger lives outside on my front wall) and has a much longer charging cable. Time will tell but after a year I will probably sell the Blink, reinstall my AV, and buy an EVSE Upgrade unit.

Nissan sent me a quick reminder note this evening that it's about time to take my LEAF into Weston Nissan for its one-year battery check. It's about time for all those Florida early adopters.

Too bad my first LEAF is sitting on a dealer's lot up in North Carolina. Maybe Hunter Volvo will make sure it gets its five stars.

I am going to take my second LEAF into Maroone Nissan of Pembroke Pines this weekend to see if they can figure out why it pings when it goes over bumps. I don't expect much, but since it's a leased car, I would like to have a record of the fact that I at least tried to get it fixed.

Weatherman said:
I am going to take my second LEAF into Maroone Nissan of Pembroke Pines this weekend to see if they can figure out why it pings when it goes over bumps. I don't expect much, but since it's a leased car, I would like to have a record of the fact that I at least tried to get it fixed.

I have that same ping and it comes from the front left of the car when I go over a bump. Someone in this thread (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10444#p239287" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) said that the dealer found a loose bolt on a support bracket. I need to take mine in and get that tightened.

My sister-in-law sees a blue LEAF regularly (at least 3 times) driving by FAU in Boca. She even took a picture in traffic to show me. Anyone on the board with a blue LEAF driving by FAU on a regular basis?

I just came back from my first ever Tesla S test ride. A guy in town just took delivery of the 12th Tesla S in Florida, and the first one in Ocala, and he dropped by to let me look at it and drive it. What a beauty. Gobs of power, smooth as silk, and the touch screen control panel is just fantastic. His options were the big battery, an 80A charger(?), and sun roof.

I want one. Really, really bad. I just don't see a way to swing it, I can buy three Leafs for one of those. But Cindy's dream car, a Mercedes, is now a Tesla.

Otto

Finally found a dealer in South Florida that wanted to deal! Most of the South Florida dealers would not budge on their prices, even with the recent nissan dealer cash incentives. I was ready to buy an SV leaf from out of state, but Doug and Michael from Coral Springs Nissan offered an SL for less. It was on display at the Miami Beach auto show last month, so they had extra nissan cash to lower the price. Still only 125 miles on the odometer. They also have a white SL from the show, so if anyone is looking for a good deal...

Good choice.

I leased my SV from Coral Springs Nissan back in July. Gave them my SL, which I had purchased from Fontana Nissan about a year ago, in return.

Michael and I had several, long discussions about my concern about how well the LEAF battery would hold up in South Florida's hot summers. He said, at that time, almost all of his customers had leased, rather than bought, so they should be ok. They didn't even try to market my SL. They immediately sold it off to auction and it was bought by a dealer up in North Carolina. It has been sitting up there on their lot ever since.

Did you lease or buy your SL?

Back