Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evenoelle said:
Brightonuk said:
Yer that Leaf horn will give anyone a hellva fright …..right before they burst into hysterical laughter

Now you're making me wish I blew the horn when I drove the car. :lol:

If you did you may of had second thoughts on getting the car.
You hear things like “he was blaring his horn” or “He was honking his horn” or “He laid on the horn”.....with the leaf it goes Beep Beep Is an embarrassment to feeble sounding horns everywhere is like a kiddy car.

If anyone has improved or upgraded the horn pleeeease let us know

Back visiting this forum to see how things are going after cancelling my Nissan order a week or so after I initially placed it the first week in August. It appeared to me it was going to be a stretch getting a delivery this year for the credit on my taxes. Nissan just jerked me around on price, wanting more than MSRP initially, delivery delays. After ordering a Volt last month (at MSRP though it is loaded and a lot more than the leaf), I found the Chevy dealer was trained on the leaf and made no false promises on delivery. They have a tracking system available on the web that tells you where your car is the the system, Mine has been produced and is being transported to the Rail Loading in New Boston, Michigan to start its trip to Gainesville, FL. I expect to see it by the end of the month. If Nissan had a system like this that gave out good information, I would still be waiting on a Leaf, I think it too is a good car.

I intended to type in the above post that the Chevy dealer was well trained on the Volt, not the leaf. He did know more about the Leaf than several of the Nissan dealers I contacted.

I had the same crap with Maroone the wanker at that dealership told me to order the car first and we could work out the cost after, of course that did not happen "Bunch of crooks".
I was so pissed when I was told that I had to cancel my order to change dealers and that It would delay the delivery date (My leased Altima is now 3 months past the end of lease date and I got 50k miles on it).

I canceled that order, I had a reservation since 07/10 I went to Weston Nissan the price was not a huge diferance but at least thet tried to work with me (offered ne free floor mats and a better price)

Word to the wise DO NOT BUY FROM MAROONE!!

I will lay out the whole story this week as it is long but informative as to how this dealership ignores their customers as well as Nissan.

Just got notification of a $399 lease on the base Volt which
would make my lease roughly $360. At 40 miles on a charge
I could drive all electric 97% of the time.....
My biggest issue with the Leaf? The light interior.........

hodad66 said:
Just got notification of a $399 lease on the base Volt which
would make my lease roughly $360. At 40 miles on a charge
I could drive all electric 97% of the time.....
My biggest issue with the Leaf? The light interior.........

We still haven't driven the Volt - still waiting for that phone call from the ONE dealer down here that supposedly is selling them. In the meantime, my husband was saying something about the fact that gas can actually go bad over time. Has anyone from Chevy actually addressed that? We are like you - we could drive electric 97% (maybe even more) of the time on 40 miles - we rarely drive more than that.

I don't think I have read about even ONE person who is happy about the light interior of the Leaf. (And I haven't had a car that didn't have a leather interior since I was in high school!) I'll be scotchgarding before I let my teenager and her friends anywhere near the car and have started looking into seat covers and/or having the seats reupholstered.

Hi Eve, the Volt has a pressurized gas tank and requires
premium gas. The Premium ages better and also the Volt
will ask to run the ICE engine around every six weeks to
lubricate everything. Their estimate is that the gas will
remain good for a full year.... and that's if you don't add
any new fuel.
AS to the look.... it's lower, darker and all four seats are
separated by a divider. Getting in and out of the back
seat is a little more difficult.... to me that's no issue.

http://youtu.be/wfjzXId4hRc

The Florida Dealers who ordered cars on their original allotments are now getting initial shipments. If they have not had deposits on them they might be available right now. I deposited on a loaded red Volt in gainesville when I canceled my leaf order (tired of waiting with no definite delivery date and hassle negotiating with leaf dealers) about Aug 10. My new car got off the train in Jacksonville on Sun the 18th and I will be picking it up in Gainesville soon. I think it is a better choice for me even if it was more money. I was not even sure The leaf would arrive this year with all their delays. Volt has a system on line that you can follow the production and shipment of your car on line. I need to check and see if I got my $100 deposit back.

I think that both vehicles are good choices depending on what you need.
I came home with a black Volt (lease) yesterday..... :shock:

In my scheme of things 98% of my driving will be electric so my goal
will have been met. Charged up with my Schneider EVSE last night &
all went smoothly.

basically what my interior looks like.....

6174681827_480b15bed2_z.jpg

hodad66 said:
I came home with a black Volt (lease) yesterday..... :shock:

:eek: Wow. Did you cancel your Leaf? You will have to let us know how you like it. Our first goal is to get rid of my gas guzzling SUV...this is what we are replacing with the Leaf. We have to time replace the Civic Hybrid and the Volt has been the car we were thinking about. It sure doesn't look as roomy as the Leaf.

It isn't Eve, but then I have always liked small cars. My GF
said "it feels like a sports car" and that sums it up pretty
well. Buckets all around with a center console front & back.

Anyone got ideas about savings with F.P.L. as they do have a link to EV vehicles on their site but that’s it. Just “We support the concept Blah, Blah, Blah”.

I asked if I could get a reduced rate to charge the car, the answer was NO, and they do not have any incentives planned the near future.
I also tried to get a rate plan but they only offer this to businesses and as I will be charging at home at off peak times, it does not help.

Anyone know of incentives that I missed?

If not, we need to get together to try to pressure them to support this movement and hopefully offer some discounts.

Check out this tread it seems the west coast gets a hell of a lot more than we do
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5794

I aggree with hodad66, the light (Chevy labels it neutral) leather interior is nicer than the Black. I think the red body is a more striking paint than the black but that is personal preference. I would have ordered the combination that the dealer had ordered on his initial allotment. I am enjoying the car. They say 35 mile range but I have a 20mi one-way trip into work. I have been making the 40mi Round trip with 8 miles to spare (air on) the past couple of days. Dealer delivered with only 15 mi range on electric so the gas ICU came on on the way home--even more seamless change over than my Prius.

Brightonuk said:
Anyone got ideas about savings with F.P.L. as they do have a link to EV vehicles on their site but that’s it. Just “We support the concept Blah, Blah, Blah”.[/url]

I asked the inspector from FPL that came to my house a couple weeks ago, and although he was quite knowledgeable about their solar programs, he didn't know about any plans by FPL to offer anything special to EV owners. As you said, they are EV-friendly, and also have tons of Prius' in their fleet, as well as some PHEV versions they are testing if I recall, but they have no immediate plans for anything having to do with EV.

Back