Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am stopped at University and Broward Blvd and a white one pulled right alongside.

It had a ton of lettering about eco and FPL logos. Apparently FPL has a few Leafs I asked about charging and they said they have chargers but have to swipe a card but did not know which brand.

It was cool that I did not just see another one but it stopped next to me at a light

Yes, when I was checking out one of the charging station websites, maybe Chargepoint, I found quite a few FPL charging sites, but all of them were accessible to FPL employees only, as far as I could tell. Pretty worthless info, so I'm not sure why they are even listed. :?

Third 100+ mile trip on a single charge reached prior to 750 total miles on car today. :) 5.4 M/KWh. Low bat warning at 93.3 miles.

1031MilesonSingleCharge.jpg

N1ghtrider said:
Third 100+ mile trip on a single charge reached prior to 750 total miles on car today. :) 5.4 M/KWh. Low bat warning at 93.3 miles.
Congrats, Roy! You're becoming quite an expert at getting the most out of a charge. Are you shooting for the 200Km club? ;)

Nissan sold 954 Leafs in December for a grand total of 9,674 for the year.

The Chevrolet Volt sold 1,529. units, putting the plug-in car's 2011 total at 7,671. December 2011 was the Volt's best sales month.

Brightonuk said:
I am stopped at University and Broward Blvd and a white one pulled right alongside.

It had a ton of lettering about eco and FPL logos. Apparently FPL has a few Leafs I asked about charging and they said they have chargers but have to swipe a card but did not know which brand.

It was cool that I did not just see another one but it stopped next to me at a light

My ex-husband is a Director for FPL in their Juno office. When I told him about my car - he said, "Yeah - we have a few of those here and just installed chargers for them." He said that they have a large fleet of the Prius as well.

And speaking of chargers, I just got word that they are going to install several L2 chargers where I work. I haven't seen any other EVs in the parking lot (although I could be missing them since there are about 2,000 people here) so it will be cool to have my own parking space and this could eliminate me charging at home!

spike09 said:

The Chevrolet Volt sold 1,529. units, putting the plug-in car's 2011 total at 7,671. December 2011 was the Volt's best sales month.

Hybrids will always sell better than pure electrics.

The consumers that can count on the reasonably good range of today's BEV's is simply smaller that those who can go electric (in part) but need to be able to go longer distances in a regular basis.

amtoro said:
spike09 said:

Hybrids will always sell better than pure electrics.

The consumers that can count on the reasonably good range of today's BEV's is simply smaller that those who can go electric (in part) but need to be able to go longer distances in a regular basis.
You may be correct, but this difference is entirely due to supply constraints at this point.

Did anyone else tint their windows (besides Brightonuk - I remember that he did 30%/20%)? My husband is taking mine to get it done but I have to tell him beforehand what percentages to do. I was thinking 35% on all the windows to eliminate the different tints on the fronts vs. the back windows but was wondering what everyone else did.

Received my "Nissan LEAF Customer Journey Survey" today. I gave them high marks but I went into detail regarding the 10 times my "Week of" ETA changed.

Evenoelle: yes, I had the dealer get the windows tinted before I took possession. I believe it was the more-or-less standard 20-30 tint job because I asked to have the front side windows lighter for better visibility, especially of my rear-view mirrors. I drove a Nissan Murano without tinted windows for the past 9 years and really notice the difference!

Has anyone taken an in depth look at their CarWings data online?

There is quite a lot of info there! I have driven 600 miles on $13 of Electricity averaging 4.2miles/KWh. I have not been driving with much concern for Energy Economy (A/C is a necessity in South Florida) and I am already ranked Gold!

I want to test out the two extremes to see what CarWings shows.

First drive like Dr Jekyll. I already know a few tricks as I was able to easily get over 50mpg driving a Prius. Tactics like knowing when to coast, how to time stop lights, no unnecessary acceleration, avoiding the freeway (or taking my chances driving 40mph in the slow lane!), minimal braking, etc. I did not find a hypermiling topic on the forum but I did find this http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5508&hilit=hypermiling

Then drive like Mr. Hyde. I have lived in South Florida for quite awhile and I know how to drive like a maniac. Not sure I can drive as aggressively as I did as a teenager but I still know how to drive very fast! I wonder if there is a racetrack in town with a 240V charger?

Back