Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We go to concerts in St Petersbugh at the Mahaffey Theatre about 50 miles from home. There are 3 ChargePoint chargers there that work well with the card I have although all are free. We can make it back home if I leave with a full charge and get a good three hours charge. ( the length of most concerts plus intermission). Almost had an issue last time because there were two events at the same time with a Tesla at one charger and a Volt at another. Fortunately the third was open. From now on I get there early!

spike09 said:
I keep my ChargePoint, Blink, SemaCharge and CharJit cards inside my glove compartment. Not that I have or ever will use any of them!
I've only ever seen ChargePoint and Nissan Dealer AV units. Are there any charging stations in South Florida that use Blink, SemaCharge or CharJit cards?

Perdita said:
spike09 said:
I keep my ChargePoint, Blink, SemaCharge and CharJit cards inside my glove compartment. Not that I have or ever will use any of them!
I've only ever seen ChargePoint and Nissan Dealer AV units. Are there any charging stations in South Florida that use Blink, SemaCharge or CharJit cards?
Nope. I'm just an idealist,

Whole Foods North Miami Grand Opening May 1.

They have two free 240V ChargePoint EVSE Chargers available. The parking spots have cones cones so they are reserved for EV's. Located on the left side of building at 12150 Biscayne Blvd. North Miami, FL.

389029_10151369266476898_1335752931_n.jpg

jrreno said:
Saw my first Tesla in the wild yesterday in Sarasota. A nice black one.
As I pointed it out to my friend the Tesla driver pointed back at me, obviously noticing our Leaf :D
Tesla Model S spotted driving to Miami Beach.
302741_10151369264026898_1185268100_n.jpg

Nissan LEAF spotted on South Beach
64140_10151353417741898_310860859_n.jpg

Another data point in Nissan's grand experiment: We lost a bar today, 17642 miles. We've tried to be careful with the battery even though it's a lease, although not to the point of obsession. Charged to 80% on weekends and 100% on weekdays but with driving starting ~1 hour after completion so not sitting too long at 100%. Any time we went away the car was left at ~50%.

We're about halfway through the lease; at this rate it should still be fine for our needs for the next 18 months. We'll see what's next.

I'm at 16,000+, and with the hotter weather coming on I expect to lose my first bar within a few months. Hopefully not, but it won't be unexpected when it happens. The main thing that bugs me lately is that my 80% charges are almost always only 9 bars, and my 100% charges only yield 11 bars. :(

Where do you guys store your Leaf at night. Mine is in a garage with no air. I usually charge to 80% starting at 1 in the morning. I have had a couple of nine bar charges but still have 12 bars and most of the time get 10 at night. Its a little cooler in Sarasota and we're only 2 miles from the Gulf which mitigates temp a bit.

jrreno said:
Where do you guys store your Leaf at night. Mine is in a garage with no air. I usually charge to 80% starting at 1 in the morning. I have had a couple of nine bar charges but still have 12 bars and most of the time get 10 at night. Its a little cooler in Sarasota and we're only 2 miles from the Gulf which mitigates temp a bit.
Nice try :) Your post sounds like the way I might have thought a while back, wishful thinking that it won't happen to me. I doubt Sarasota is anymore temperate than Boca Raton.
We keep our car in the garage most nights and like almost all Florida garages it is not air conditioned.

I'm only 1/2 mile from the Atlantic, which helps a little (I hope). The Leaf is in a separate, detached garage, which remains amazingly cool, not too much above ambient. I think the fact that the roof is 100% covered by solar panels helps. BTW, my FPL bill this month was the base $7.43. :D

LTLFTcomposite said:
Another data point in Nissan's grand experiment: We lost a bar today, 17642 miles. We've tried to be careful with the battery even though it's a lease, although not to the point of obsession. Charged to 80% on weekends and 100% on weekdays but with driving starting ~1 hour after completion so not sitting too long at 100%. Any time we went away the car was left at ~50%.

We're about halfway through the lease; at this rate it should still be fine for our needs for the next 18 months. We'll see what's next.

Not sure if this is a trend but I also lost a bar on May 11 just 4 days after you lost yours. I also got my car 17 months ago but my mileage was only at 12696.

I am careful with the battery as well. I do charge to 100% since plenty of people who charge to 80% have lost capacity bars. I rarely leave the battery full or empty for longer than a few hours but I usually wait until Low Battery or VLB before recharging.

I do not have a garage so my car is exposed to the elements while I am at home. Up until two weeks ago I had an outside covered parking spot at work so now I am parking on the street. Thankfully in July we move our offices (still on South Beach!) and I will have use of an inside parking garage.

Also two weeks ago I switched from charging up in the mornings (7am to 12pm) to charging up during the evening / night on weekdays or in the daytime on weekends. Last week I charged up three times when I still had 2 or 3 bars left. I don't know if any of these recent changes precipitated my capacity loss or quite simply the battery ages quicker in hotter climates.

So again, We'll see what's next.

keydiver said:
I'm at 16,000+, and with the hotter weather coming on I expect to lose my first bar within a few months. Hopefully not, but it won't be unexpected when it happens. The main thing that bugs me lately is that my 80% charges are almost always only 9 bars, and my 100% charges only yield 11 bars. :(

I do not understand. Why is your car stopping at 11 bars when you charge to 100%? Are you using the timer?

This Saturday I saw a silver LEAF in the parking lot of Maggiano's in Boca, around 2:30pm. Unfortunately I was driving my SUV (had to go to Hollywood and back), otherwise it would have been two LEAFs in the same parking lot. Was it anyone from here?

I've also seen a black Tesla Model S a few times in Boca. Usually in the morning around Clint Moore and Military.

N1ghtrider said:
14,200 miles with all bars remaining. I park outdoors at home and in a covered but open air garage at work.
Wonderful to hear you still are at 12 bars. Anyone else at 12 months or more want to chime in?

Hi Folks,

I thought I would say hi even though I am not a Leaf owner yet, I live near Cocoa Beach Florida. I currently have a 2007 Prius and am looking to lease a SL leaf with Premium package. I have run searches with a 500 mile radius of my zip and I think i found a total of 4 SL's with Premium. I am in current communications with a few dealers in Orlando but no definite offer, yet. The initial offers I got when contacting them via internet were outrageously high. But still working on them.

Hope to join you folks soon.

Semper Fi

Hal

Back