for 15k a year lease, do you need to buy extended warranty?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xbox409

Just came across this question, so I got a 36 month and 15k/yr lease on a Leaf. Since the warranty is 3 yr/36 month, is it a good idea to buy extended warranty? I didn't see this being discussed or I didn't find it. If this is a repeat question, please direct me to the right thread. Thanks.

No. The basic warranty is 36 months, 36,000 miles. But the car also comes with an electric powertrain warranty that's good for 60 months, 60,000 miles. Then on top of that is the battery warranty, good for 96 months, 100,000 miles.

I did a 39 month lease with 48,762 contacted miles and opted for no extended warranty. The cost of a repair at around 48,000 miles will probably be minimal considering all of the really expensive components are still warrantied (electric drive components). If you want the peace of mind and decide to go for an extended warranty, don't buy it at the time of purchase. You can purchase it at any time (prior to when the extended warranty would start) from online sources at heavy discounts.

kubel said:
No. The basic warranty is 36 months, 36,000 miles. But the car also comes with an electric powertrain warranty that's good for 60 months, 60,000 miles. Then on top of that is the battery warranty, good for 96 months, 100,000 miles.

I did a 39 month lease with 48,762 contacted miles and opted for no extended warranty. The cost of a repair at around 48,000 miles will probably be minimal considering all of the really expensive components are still warrantied (electric drive components). If you want the peace of mind and decide to go for an extended warranty, don't buy it at the time of purchase. You can purchase it at any time (prior to when the extended warranty would start) from online sources at heavy discounts.

Thank you for the reply. Good to know.

Back