For those of you unable to change dealerships-website fixed?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonT

I placed a request for a quote to a dealer who not only came back at MSRP, but also tacked on some additional "services". I rejected the quote, and have been stuck in limbo where I can't select a new dealer ever since. I just got the following email today:
We apologize for the difficulty you have experienced attempting to change your dealer. We have implemented an update to enable your dealer change. You may now log in at http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf and click on ‘sign in/register’ to input the user name and password you used when you placed your reservation.

You should now have a link entitled 'request a price from a different dealer'. If that link is not yet available to you and you instead see ‘get started’, simply go ahead and request another quote to the previous dealer. When you receive the duplicate quote, you will see the following two options: 'rework my price' or 'request a price from a different dealer'. You may then choose an alternate preferred dealership and request another quote after 1 business day. You must allow 1 business day to elapse, before choosing another dealer.
I did not have the link, so I chose "get started". I'll have to wait one day to see if this new link shows up. I suspect that this change is in effect for everyone, but I obviously can't say for sure unless someone else also tries it. Anyway, I wanted to pass this on in case it helps anyone else.

JasonT said:
I placed a request for a quote to a dealer .... I rejected the quote, and have been stuck in limbo where I can't select a new dealer ever since. I just got the following email today:
We apologize for the difficulty you have experienced attempting to change your dealer. We have implemented an update to enable your dealer change. You may now log in at http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf and click on ‘sign in/register’ to input the user name and password you used when you placed your reservation.

You should now have a link entitled 'request a price from a different dealer'. If that link is not yet available to you and you instead see ‘get started’, simply go ahead and request another quote to the previous dealer. When you receive the duplicate quote, you will see the following two options: 'rework my price' or 'request a price from a different dealer'. You may then choose an alternate preferred dealership and request another quote after 1 business day. You must allow 1 business day to elapse, before choosing another dealer.
I did not have the link, so I chose "get started". I'll have to wait one day to see if this new link shows up. I suspect that this change is in effect for everyone, but I obviously can't say for sure unless someone else also tries it. Anyway, I wanted to pass this on in case it helps anyone else.
FWIW, I emailed Nissan CS with a similar issue, and received an email response (verbatim) from Nissan this morning. I also did not have the 'request a price from a different dealer'. I then called their 877-# and spoke with CS. They also told me to wait 24 hrs to see if the link will 'appear'. If not, then ... I'll be back on the phone with CS.

I guess Nissan never considered the possibility that someone might actually want to reject a quote and change dealers :roll:

Seriously, I'm amazed their website suffers from so many glitches. One would think that Nissan is able to hire a decent programmer...

johnr said:
I guess Nissan never considered the possibility that someone might actually want to reject a quote and change dealers :roll:

Seriously, I'm amazed their website suffers from so many glitches. One would think that Nissan is able to hire a decent programmer...

This is the vendor company they have hired.

http://www.facebook.com/criticalmass.agency

Critical Mass Hey CM fans- We're finalists for a few OMMA member's choice awards! Our Nissan LEAF and AutoTrader.com campaigns are up for Integrated Online Campaign awards and our sites for Moen and Rolex are finalists for Website Excellence! Visit this link and click "vote now" to help!

http://criticalmass.com/

evnow said:
johnr said:

This is the vendor company they have hired.

http://www.facebook.com/criticalmass.agency
From their Facebook Profile 'Info'

" Mission: We are a digital marketing agency with a passion for creating extraordinary experiences that deliver value for our clients."

Hmmm. "Creating extraordinary experiences that deliver value" ....? I'm not feeling it. :roll:

garygid said:
Too much emphasis on "glitz", and way too little on "function",
in my rather experienced opinion.

Exactly. They are experienced in making slick graphic designs - not in good online transaction processing.

JPVLeaf said:
Hmmm. "Creating extraordinary experiences that deliver value" ....? I'm not feeling it. :roll:
I'll take an ordinary experience that delivers extraordinary value, if you don't mind.

Really, an ordinary - or at least familiar - experience should be the goal of web designers. To win the hearts and clicks of viewers of all ages you've got to make them comfortable.

Back