Getting ready to sell my 2011 LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GlennD said:
My recent Carmax experience is that they really do not want the Leaf. They offered me 18K for my 2013 SL Premium. They said the Southern California market for Leaf's is very very soft.

Last July I got Kelly Blue Book for my old Leaf. The dealer had it listed on Ebay for several months. It either finally sold or it went to auction.

Thanks! I would love to keep it if I could, it's so fun to drive. They seem to still be selling ok in the Bay Area. I'm going to upgrade my membership here and post it as well as Bay Area Leaf group. Probably easier to sell to someone that already knows about the car then on Ebay. Did the give you KBB trade in value?

@greenleaf--yes, I had the dealer replace the front spoiler on the 2nd week...I mentioned that the salesperson promised me that I can get the shortened spoiler, since the original will scrape on every driveway. But if your dealer won't accommodate, the part is about ~$50, and you can actually replace it yourself. It's not hard to do.

I was referring to the PIP and Ford Fusion Energi in particular. I simply thought the PIP had a low-rent interior, and didn't like how the engine kicked on so easily. The Ford looked great inside and out. It had such a nice, large interior with good details. Trunk is very small (due to the battery). But again, the engine fired up often during the drive, even with light throttle pressure. I didn't get the chance to look for an "EV mode only" during the test drive.

Yes, you really have to pay attention to the very thick A pillars on the Volt (kind of like how I had to get used to the A pillars on the LEAF). They do block pedestrians on occasion.

There's a lot of Volt owners who found it easy to use virtually no gas. For most of the week we don't use the ICE at all. Activities on the weekend may lead to some ICE usage, but I mostly find opportunities to charge up again to minimize the ICE.

I truly did not want to trade in our LEAF--I'd rather go to CarMax, as I'm sure I'll get a better deal. But I'm not willing to go on a 1 day adventure and DCFC/L2 my way to Fairfield or Modesto. Infrastructure out there is minimal, and with a degraded battery (100% to VLBW is 54 miles on our LEAF--at 55-58 mph, assuming no headwind, hills, HVAC usage), I don't want to take the chance.

Yes, Last July I got 16.5K for my 2012 Leaf SL. That was Kelly Blue Book at the time.

Ready2plugin said:
GlennD said:
My recent Carmax experience is that they really do not want the Leaf. They offered me 18K for my 2013 SL Premium. They said the Southern California market for Leaf's is very very soft.

Last July I got Kelly Blue Book for my old Leaf. The dealer had it listed on Ebay for several months. It either finally sold or it went to auction.

Thanks! I would love to keep it if I could, it's so fun to drive. They seem to still be selling ok in the Bay Area. I'm going to upgrade my membership here and post it as well as Bay Area Leaf group. Probably easier to sell to someone that already knows about the car then on Ebay. Did the give you KBB trade in value?

I should say that I love my Leaf but with the current give away pricing on the RAV4 EV leases I would jump on them if I could.

Back