GoE3, how does this make any sense?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are now about half way through May, is there any indication that GoE3 is installing the fast chargers that they said they would?

Well it is now June 1. Has GoE3 started even one of the projects that they promised in May. It looks like we can write them off.

Desertstraw said:
Well it is now June 1. Has GoE3 started even one of the projects that they promised in May. It looks like we can write them off.

Their communication with customers is not good, but I asked for an update and passing it along:

- Fast-Charger on Speedway at Bookman's is in process of installation, and well-along. Should be available soon (I can't yet find a link to reference for grand opening date).
- This is not the only additional new Fast-Charger they indicate working on for near-term.
- L2 at Picacho Peak still working. (My understanding is they have other L2 equipment that is working in other places on Chargepoint network?).
- Quick-Charger at Picacho Peak in theory will be repaired within a month, if not sooner. The Picacho Peak situation should I guess be seen as their first-effort and so unfortunately there is some logic to me in how it might take much longer to deal with than newer units.

Disclaimer: At this point, I do have an additional interest, outside of being a driver and having gone to the Picacho Peak opening and having become a bit of a fan - their representatives are playing a good ongoing role in trying to bring both L2 and QC to parts of AZ that are not presently served by EVSE. However, (my disclaimed additional interest not withstanding), my response shouldn't be interpreted as a defense of their poor follow-through and customer service on the Picacho Peak situation. On that situation, I just want to pass along what information I can.

My further comments/opinions:

The difficulty in repairing the Picacho Peak unit would seem logically to call into question whether the Bookman's and other newer units will work properly, right out of the box. I.e.: has anyone ever seen a GoE3 fast-charger that works properly, and if not then is it not reasonable to ask questions about whether the new ones that are going in will *really* work properly right away? I guess we're going to see, and soon.

My guess is:

- The other new Quick-Chargers will work but there may be further significant issues to work out over the next few weeks or months.

- Eventually the Picacho Peak QC station will I think be fixed. I think it's reasonable to doubt that it will be within a month since they have not met any projected schedules yet on fixing it. It's possible they will meet this one, since they seem further along in diagnosing multiple problems. I think it's 50/50 - they have made some good progress on solving the multiple issues, but do they really fully understand yet that further issues might turn up once the proposed solutions are put in place? I don't know.

- The company has spoken of free charging for a period of time (just at L2 or also at QC? I don't know) I think as a gesture to indicate trying to make up for the inconvenience.

GoE3 to Install Coast-to-Coast Quick Charger Network in 4 Year’s Time – SAE CCS, CHAdeMO and Tesla (w/videos)

http://insideevs.com/goe3-install-coast-coast-quick-charger-network-4-years-time-sae-ccs-chademo-wvideos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

E3Go.jpg

scottf200 said:
GoE3 to Install Coast-to-Coast Quick Charger Network in 4 Year’s Time – SAE CCS, CHAdeMO and Tesla (w/videos)

http://insideevs.com/goe3-install-coast-coast-quick-charger-network-4-years-time-sae-ccs-chademo-wvideos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

E3Go.jpg

Well it looks like the price to the consumer has been lowered from $12.50 per 100 miles to $6/100 Miles since initial announcement. Wonder what that does to the business model?

JPWhite said:
Well it looks like the price to the consumer has been lowered from $12.50 per 100 miles to $6/100 Miles since initial announcement. Wonder what that does to the business model?
At 6 dollars per 100 miles it is competitive with the gas guzzler and that is where they need to be.

thanks for posting this.

fwiw -

regarding the Bookman's charger:

I've been using it once every month or two, and it works. I don't know how the Picacho Peak GoE3 charger is doing, I haven't been up that way in awhile.

The Blink planned competing DCQC at Speedway/I-10, at the Arco, got physically installed but not apparently activated and last I checked by going over there and asking, they said it's going to be removed.

There is now reportedly one other DCQC in Tucson now at Jim Click Nissan, but that does me little good as they never have their gates open when I need to drive by and stop and make use of it (though I still have to check, maybe they put it outside the gate somehow? I hope, but as far as I know it's inside the gate.

So, GoE3 has been and continues to be the main properly working option for my travels through Tucson.

I did also do business with Verdek to get a charger installed down by where I live and things went well.

scottf200 said:

Back