Good dealership in NJ / NYC metro?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeckardTrinity

So... I've been contemplating replacing my '03 Jetta 1.8T with a Leaf. First though, wife and I had to upgrade her '03 Passat, and with two little ones running around, decided that our new "family" car would be a Toyota Sienna.

Now that that's out of the way, we can proceed to the more fun purchase of the two. :)

Except... so far, it's been anything but fun. Went to one dealer in Northern New Jersey back in January to test drive a '12 Leaf. I'm not even sure what trim level it was because, well, it seemed to me that the sales guy, sales manager, etc, seemed completely disinterested in even attempting to sell the car. Got absolutely no sales pitch, no real info other than "ok, here's the car, let's hop in and go for a drive". A drive which was probably the shortest test drive I've ever taken in any car. Then back in the dealership, basically was told that they didn't really know anything about the '13s, and again didn't seem at all interested in even selling the car they had. Oh well.

So... any recommendations for dealerships around N NJ / NYC that actually want to sell a Leaf?

p.s... I did my research before I went for the test drive, and immediately noticed that the test drive car's battery had already lost 2 of its "bars". Not a good sign for a supposedly "brand new" car!

Bump on this - looking for dealer in central NJ in particular.

Also would love to understand exactly what the tax situation is on NJ. A quick search seems to say their is the 7.5k fed plus 4k NJ plus 1k for the charger. Is that right?

Back