Highest/Lowest Serial Number?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the Nissan test cars I saw recently had VIN 23. That's probably the earliest ever.

The 2013 Leaf I just saw in Phoenix was 1N4AZ0CP0DC055173. #55173?!?

-Phil

Computerizer said:
philip said:
26790 here - Leased it one month ago.
Interesting -- I just bought my 3 weeks ago and it's only #23756. Perhaps mine was sitting on the lot for a while, or something... the door sticker says it was manufactured in June.

Just checked the door sticker on mine, it was manufactured in August. I've heard that the auto manufactures used to shut down around August to changeover to the next model year vehicles. I'm sure that's all different now days with the flexibility of modern lines.

So my 2013 SV has the last 6 digit's from the VIN of 411363 .. ?
Plant: Smyrna, TN
Sequential number: 411363

I'm confused as that's too big of a number or how do I tell what serial number it really is?
The Smyrna plant using a different serial setup?
Anyone know?

#Bump :D

2015 SL Took delivery 12/30/2014 sequence# = 316107 - Bill Kay Nissan Downers Grove IL

We all know that have not made more than 160,000, I think the 3 means something other than a sequence number and maybe the real number is 16,107 for 2015?

TomT said:
The numbers are not totally sequential so you can not tell the order or number of Leafs produced from just the VIN...
Definitely not sequential on build date.
Did seem to be in some sequence based on date the order was released into the Nissan manufacturing order system.
But it does skip groups of numbers so it does not correlate with the total # manufactured.

TimLee said:
TomT said:
The numbers are not totally sequential so you can not tell the order or number of Leafs produced from just the VIN...
Definitely not sequential on build date.
Did seem to be in some sequence based on date the order was released into the Nissan manufacturing order system.
But it does skip groups of numbers so it does not correlate with the total # manufactured.

they are close and no, the US number did not start out on the last one from Japan and pretty sure there is a jump in sequence between MYs as well although there seems to be no pattern in that.

Unlike Japan, I think the US is building the LEAF in lots causing the sequences to be off. IOW, they build a batch of Red SLs then switch to Blue S's, etc.

Back