how fast does the heater come on?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nschuster

i've noticed that the Leaf heater takes a good few minutes to put out warm air. this is true whether the car was just started or running for a long while. I guess that makes sense - no hot engine to help blast warm air into the car interior.

just wanted to check with others to see if folks have the same experience, or if i'm maybe doing something wrong.

nschuster said:
i've noticed that the Leaf heater takes a good few minutes to put out warm air. this is true whether the car was just started or running for a long while. I guess that makes sense - no hot engine to help blast warm air into the car interior.

just wanted to check with others to see if folks have the same experience, or if i'm maybe doing something wrong.

in my case, usually 3-5 minutes and 2-3 miles. I am usually using it when it is 40-50 degrees out and set the cabin at 66-70.

nschuster said:

thankyouOB said:
in my case, usually 3-5 minutes and 2-3 miles. I am usually using it when it is 40-50 degrees out and set the cabin at 66-70.
x2

TickTock said:
Seems to take longer when driving in eco mode, too.
x2
Edit: Nissan LEAF Service Manual, page HAC-23; also 2011 LEAF Owner's Manual, page 4-12

I set the heater for my wife about 15-20 min before takeoff time and she just loves it. Plugged in, of course. Otherwise about 5 minutes if not preheated.

ILETRIC said:
I set the heater for my wife about 15-20 min before takeoff time and she just loves it. Plugged in, of course. Otherwise about 5 minutes if not preheated.

I agree about 5 minutes. However, I mostly preheat my car before taking off from the home charging station before taking off. I hate waiting. However, I had a problem with my heat pump. It was faulty from the get go, the heat would stop working after it had been running for 20 minutes or less. Had it replaced, thank god it was still under warranty and now I am toasty again.

I'll go along with 3 to 5 minutes. But when you are uncomfortable, it sure seems like longer. ;)

Preheat.

Bill

Back