How to open the hatchback door from the seat?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolle

I am with 2013 LEAF SV + QC option. I really love this car. But, have a couple of small inconveniences.

Is there any way to open the hatchback door from the driver seat? Surprisingly, it seems no switch is there!

Also, I was surprised that I was unable to open the hatchback door from the remote fob. :shock:

Is this by feature? I'm embarrassing.

If the LEAF's doors are unlocked, the hatch is also "unlocked". It will open for anyone that sticks a hand in and lifts.

There is no need to "open" the hatch from the driver's seat, and in fact, this would be unsafe if it actually opened.

-Phil

Also note that the smaller of the two buttons under the hatch handle functions the same as the small button on the exterior front door handles. So if you're standing behind the car and have the remote fob nearby, one press unlocks the hatch only, two quick presses in a row unlocks all the doors and the hatch. To lock all the doors and hatch, press that same button again.

Pressing and holding the larger of the two buttons will simultaneously unlock and unlatch the hatch door.

Back