How to remove backpack from trunk

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi all,

We recently bought a Leaf, but our dealer was a goon and seems to have messed up the charging backpack install in the trunk. It is supposed to go through the floor mat, but I guess they were lazy and installed it UNDER the floor mat. How do I remove/reinstall the backpack in the trunk?

Thanks for your help! :)

its just a hook on the floor that the loop on the "backpack" connects to. Just slide the loop off of the hook and then put the carpet back down over the hook. There should be a slit in the carpet to allow you to slide the loop over the hook again but through the slit in the carpet. Then connect the plastic connector to the D-ring on the side of the strut tower.

Thanks, I realize there is a hook, but how do I do this? I tried to slide it off to either side but it doesn't seem to come off easily. Right now, the sling is passing underneath the gray "Leaf" mat and over the black mat underneath. There doesn't seem to be an opening in the loop towards the front of the car, so I guess it has to slide off the back. But seems kind of hard to do with the black mat underneath

772 said:
Thanks, I realize there is a hook, but how do I do this? I tried to slide it off to either side but it doesn't seem to come off easily. Right now, the sling is passing underneath the gray "Leaf" mat and over the black mat underneath. There doesn't seem to be an opening in the loop towards the front of the car, so I guess it has to slide off the back. But seems kind of hard to do with the black mat underneath

Not sure what black mat you have underneath...
Can you attach a photo?
I have just a carpet over metal frame in the trunk.
The hook for charger has an opening towards the front of the car, so you have to push the charger bag loop towards the front of the car to take it off.

Thanks, I was able to do this easily after I just lifted up the black mat underneath the floor mat. Should have just done that first. :lol: Thanks for the help all!

Hello,
Yes the hook opening is to the front. However, there is a "catch" at the end of the hook, if you push down (towards the floor) then forward it will make it past the "catch."

On Edit: Oops, You figured it out while I was typing. :)

Back