I think my new battery is not new at all...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redpps

Hi guys,
I'm a new leaf owner (23 april 2014) and with "leaf spy" :ugeek: I can read this bat sts: Ahr=60.39 SOH=92% Hx=92.60% Odo 737Km QCs 1 & 18 L1/L2s

Note: I never made Quick charges... (QCs) :evil:

I think my new battery is not new at all... :roll:

refurbished? reconditioned? second hand? :shock:

Plz give me help!!!

redpps said:
Hi guys,
I'm a new leaf owner (23 april 2014) and with "leaf spy" :ugeek: I can read this bat sts: Ahr=60.39 SOH=92% Hx=92.60% Odo 737Km QCs 1 & 18 L1/L2s

Plz give me help!!!

Have you done a couple if cycles of 100% charge before reading?

I think they are saying that the Leaf Spy is reading a record of past charges from the battery that includes a QC and more L-1/L-2 charges than they have done. It's probably charges done by the factory and dealership...?

I think there is a topic on '13 Leafs having batteries with different initial capacities. I do not recall what the conclusion was.

myleaf said:
I think there is a topic on '13 Leafs having batteries with different initial capacities. I do not recall what the conclusion was.
See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=13776#p314195" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
20 pages.
Not much conclusion.
Some 2013 and maybe now 2014 read low but still have about the same new kWh capacity and range as the LEAFSs that read a lot higher.

redpps said:
Hi guys,

Plz give me help!!!

Refurbished? Reconditioned? Second Hand? I don't think those are the correct conclusions from that charge history. If the batteries fit any of those descriptions, you'd have many many more charge cycles on them. It's probably all from build testing and dealer charging. The car does leave the factory with some charge in it, so there is going to be some history. I don't think we know if there is any real type of charge/discharge testing of batteries before they are placed in a car, do we?

redpps said:
Hi guys,

Plz give me help!!!

When I picked up my 2014 SL it had 5 miles on it. LeafSpy said it had 1 QC and I think 5 L1/L2 (from memory on this number). Of course you would expect a system test after the battery meets the rest of the car. I equate this to an ICE engine break-in before it hits the line. Depending on the miles and how long it sat on the lot 18 L1/L2 charges may be perfectly reasonable. Also keep in mind these numbers do not reflect "full cycle" charges. I think (but have not confirmed) they are incremented every time the charge cycle is activated.

It could have been nothing more than salesmen showing potential customers how easy it is to charge up the vehicle, then letting them un-plugging it and re-plugging it in.

Your battery stats seem to be very close to mine, a MY2013 SL, with only 10 miles on it when we picked it up. We took delivery on the same morning that it arrived from the factory. Yet we seem to have full battery capacity, even though we only show 260 gids.

redpps said:
Hi guys,
Plz give me help!!!

This is just an estimate of capacity. It will vary with time, and is different in cars with the same range test results.

I bought a 2014 Leaf, and battery statistics have varied between 65.02 Ahr to 62.71 Ahr. The application can only read out what the BMS or battery management system computer estimates, and that estimate isn't completely accurate. It varies, and can be off significantly.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15837&p=362686#p362686" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My 2013 SL shows 254 GIDS after 1 year. Though I didn't have a GID meter when taking the car, I don't think it was likely it started at 281 or 284. On Leaf Spy for those with low starting GIDs, does it still show 21 and change kW/h? Mine shows 19.8 remaining on a full charge.

First of all, thanks for your prompt replies!
I drived all kms and I made the normal charges :D sorry for the misunderstanding...

The problems are:
"one Quick charge" I never done!!
Ahr=60.39 ???? a new car with only 60.39 Ampere? why not 67.36 as usual?
SOH=92% ???? why not 100% of health??

I bought it as a new car/battery, but it seems 2 years old.... :roll:

Am I wrong?

redpps said:
First of all, thanks for your prompt replies!

I bought it as a new car/battery, but it seems 2 years old.... :roll:

Am I wrong?
Most likely.
The info in the other links indicates they just report quirky #s.

Back