ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happily, I saw one of you new owners today, out and about in the Greenwood area. Campbell-Nelson ... and blue.

Strangely, it took the edge off my obsession about "where's mine?". I guess I expected envy. However, it was just darned nice to see one out and about - it seemed normal and right, and looked like any other car on the road.

It was a much needed perspective adjustment. I very much look forward to getting mine, but am a little less desperate about it. ;)

jlambeth said:
Happily, I saw one of you new owners today, out and about in the Greenwood area. Campbell-Nelson ... and blue.

Strangely, it took the edge off my obsession about "where's mine?". I guess I expected envy. However, it was just darned nice to see one out and about - it seemed normal and right, and looked like any other car on the road.

It was a much needed perspective adjustment. I very much look forward to getting mine, but am a little less desperate about it. ;)

Hmm.. my wife was out on Phinney ridge today as well as at Tangletown Zoka but ours is a Younkers car. No Campbell Blue's on the boards according to the sheet.

Outside of mine, I have only seen the original one belonging to John H. He plays soccer Arena sports (Magnuson) on Tuesday nights and so do I.

jlambeth said:

My wife was out in ours today in Seattle and North Seattle but we have a Red SL from CNN

jlambeth said:
I stopped by Campbell Nelson on Thursday to drop off a check, and they had two blue LEAFs ready for pickup.

Campbell Nelson has a black one that they are letting their Leaf customers test drive. (Thanks, Ray!). I drove it this morning with my wife-- did a loop with freeway, 45mph highway and some side streets. Very quiet when slow, wind and road noise at 65, but we have terrible roads in Seattle. I found the ECO mode to be too sluggish off of a stop for my taste. I will probably not be using it. At Freeway speed the range drops pretty significantly. 44 mile range when I left the dealer, drove 4 miles to freeway and it dropped to 26 at speed, went back up on the way back, but I think I lost more range than I drove-- so unless driving conservatively 100 seems unrealistic. Fortunately my commute is 25 miles R/T. Anyway, I liked the car and am looking forward to getting mine in April.

Live in N. Seattle. Went to Issaquah today for family thing at PCC out there. Then to Redmond to find the Coulomb ChargePoint Network charger (they have 2) and used one of those for a few minutes. Then came home. Still had about 30 miles left of range. Anyone else use a public station? I see that the UW Bothell campus has some in the garages and Bellevue City Hall has at least one in their garage. I'm guessing you have to pay to access and park in these garages though. Since these are all ChargePoint Network, you'll need one of their cards to get the station to release the connector as well.

Let us know if you use any of the other public ones around. I'm a bit bummed that they don't appear by default on the navigation. Coulomb needs to work with Nissan to correct that.

Alas, I'm told I must be in "May or June", as there are now confirmed dates out through April.

I'd figured that out myself yesterday - but it sounds more forboding coming from the dealer.

SteveInSeattle said:
I found the ECO mode to be too sluggish off of a stop for my taste.

Actually, the acceleration is the same from a stop in ECO as it is in D. You just have to push the accelerator harder if you're in ECO mode. With the traction control on, I squealed the tires from a stop in both modes.

evnow said:
SteveInSeattle said:
Campbell Nelson has a black one that they are letting their Leaf customers test drive. (Thanks, Ray!).
Is that a production one or demo ?

What I understand is that it is a production model that one of the sales persons ordered and decided not to take delivery of. Campbel Nelson chose to take the long view and make it available for test drives rather than take a quick profit on a marked up sale. Thanks Ray and Campbell Nelson.

The test drive confirmed what a pleasant drive it is. I was happy with the acceleration, up a hill and on the freeway ramp. There were far too many buttons to fiddle with on a short test drive though. The auto dimming rearview mirror took a little getting use to though. The horn fits the persona of the car, beeped as we passed the gas station. Suggested we drive through Costco gas station, but wife said no, anyway we had to go fill the van up 23 gallons at 3.11/gallon, ouch.

IBELEAF said:
Are they letting only customers who ordered from them to drive?

From what I gathered, Campbell-Nelson is a promoter of the Leaf and not just about the sale. It would be worth a call to Ray tomorrow at Campbell-Nelson.

One thing else from our test drive this evening, we pulled up to the first traffic signal to make a right turn and there was an unguarded cross-walk on a divided right turn and a person was about to cross and she didn't even glance our way, I had to be conscience that the Leaf was so quiet she didn't hear us coming.

IBELEAF said:
Are they letting only customers who ordered from them to drive?

When I was talking to Ray about it, he said that they're specifically only letting Leaf reservation holders drive it for now. I assume he meant reservation holders that are going through CNN, but it's always worth a call.

It sounds like it's a pretty busy car for them, lots of people wanting to drive it, so you might have to wait until their own customers aren't so anxious, then they might allow others to play with it. He told me that if I wanted to take it for a spin that I need to make sure to let him know a couple days in advance to he can make sure it's available and has enough charge. (I have a reservation through them).

Of course, if you just want to go check it out and get a feel for it without driving, that's probably doable.

Back