ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Per Monson: 10 Leafs sold in 2 week period in December, "These cars are being massively rejected by consumers". (and only 300 Volts!-- also clearly a failure). Just ignore the 20,000 people waiting for them.

i am sure those rejects will find a home. i personally think a ban on those types of articles is far past due here.

real problems are fine including the ones these articles reference but implying a widespread distrust is out of bounds and has no real place here or anywhere else

Hey Seattle folks. I'm heading up there for the weekend - running the Yakima River Canyon marathon - are there any Leaf activities to consider in the area? I'll be downtown Thurs to Friday afternoon and back Saturday night. I hope the rain lets up a bit!

Any recommendations for a romantic spot for my wife and I to dine Thursday night? (staying downtown near Pikes Pl)

jlaw99 said:
Hey Seattle folks. I'm heading up there for the weekend - running the Yakima River Canyon marathon - are there any Leaf activities to consider in the area? I'll be downtown Thurs to Friday afternoon and back Saturday night. I hope the rain lets up a bit!

Any recommendations for a romantic spot for my wife and I to dine Thursday night? (staying downtown near Pikes Pl)

If you're near Yakima, you could try the Birchfield Manor. http://www.birchfieldmanor.com/
Years ago I stayed there with my SO. It was very nice at the time (although off-season so a little more laid back).

Reddy (and waiting for my leaf in "Pending").

jlaw99 said:

Seattle is full of great food!

Personally I enjoy seafood, so I would pick "Anthony's". First rate food, and is right on the water (near Pikes) so many of the tables have a view of the Sound. If you want to have an "authentic" Seattle experience, "Ivar's" is also on the wharf nearby with fine dining inside, or grab a sourdough chowder bowl and 2 orders of fries (one for you and the other to feed the gulls with) outside!

Dont be afraid to sample the many "hole in the wall" eateries in upper pike's either. (my market trips always include a wheat pecan sticky bun, and a mocha from the bakery up there)

If you have an iPhone, there's an app called "Yelp" that many seattlites use to post reviews of businesses and services. My wife and I use that alot.

IBELEAF said:
Anyone picked one recently or picking up from Rairdon? It's been kind of silent for WA deliveries overall...

We just got ours today from Campbell Nelson in Lynnwood. Got home about 4:30pm. Great experience, now I'll be spending the weekend playing with it and learning all the fun details! :)

blorg said:
We just got ours today from Campbell Nelson in Lynnwood. Got home about 4:30pm. Great experience, now I'll be spending the weekend playing with it and learning all the fun details! :)
Congrats - you must be the first April delivery in Seattle.

Wait - is this an April 1st joke ? :lol:

evnow said:
blorg said:

HA! No april fools joke. Technically it was March, because I went up and signed the papers last night (Ray wanted it on the books for March, and I wanted to see it, so it worked out). I couldn't bring it home last night (they still needed to take the protective films off and clean it all up nice for me) but we went and got it this afternoon.

Ray looked up my first email that I sent him regarding the Leaf. It was back in January of 2010. Been a long time since my decision to get it, but it's finally here and I'm having a blast! :) Except for the fact that it's technically my wife's car, and she's not letting me forget that anytime soon.

blorg said:
evnow said:
blorg said:

HA! No april fools joke. Technically it was March, because I went up and signed the papers last night (Ray wanted it on the books for March, and I wanted to see it, so it worked out). I couldn't bring it home last night (they still needed to take the protective films off and clean it all up nice for me) but we went and got it this afternoon.

Ray looked up my first email that I sent him regarding the Leaf. It was back in January of 2010. Been a long time since my decision to get it, but it's finally here and I'm having a blast! :) Except for the fact that it's technically my wife's car, and she's not letting me forget that anytime soon.

Congrats on finally getting your Leaf! Now I know that my car is finally safe in the parking garage at work :)

IBELEAF said:
Anyone picked one recently or picking up from Rairdon? It's been kind of silent for WA deliveries overall...

My delivery is scheduled for "week of April 18th". Haven't been able to distill that down to a more specific day and to add to my uncertainty, I just discovered that the sales guy I ordered from is "no longer with Rairdon" - yikes!

What's your delivery date?

Cheers

Just a reminder - Next get together for all interested

4/30/11 @ 1:00 PM
Redmond City Hall

2 chargers there and plenty more in the Bellevue/Redmond area if you need one to get to/from.

Looks like we will have a good crowd based on the Facebook event page. Could you send me a RSVP via PM if you plan on coming so I can keep track of total LEAF's and participants.

Thanks

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
Just a reminder - Next get together for all interested

4/30/11 @ 1:00 PM
Redmond City Hall

2 chargers there and plenty more in the Bellevue/Redmond area if you need one to get to/from.

I was there Saturday ...

davewill said:
evnow said:
IBELEAF said:
Are these chargers paid?
Free. Need the Charge Point card (which again you can get for free).
You can also call in when you're there to request activation. You don't HAVE to have the card.

So I take it i just register on their website and they'll send me a card?

http://www.mychargepoint.net/

IBELEAF said:
So I take it i just register on their website and they'll send me a card?

http://www.mychargepoint.net/
Actually if you call in instead, they have been offering the cards for free. I think it's introductory, but I got one a couple of weeks ago. Since there are no Chargepoints installed in San Diego, as yet, it's been worth every penny.

If you haven't already done so, checkout the stored locations file with 17 charging stations put out by ev-nations.org for Seattle/Portland area. The addresses are close enough but not right infront of the chargers - if you are visiting any, store the location and we can add/update the locations file. We should be able to get a comprehensive list of chargers by combining resources ...

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=65055#p65055

EVNation said:
1. Get an SD card (like for a camera) I am not sure if SDHC will work.
2. Open the Nav panel display and remove the little plastic cover on right.
3. Put SD card in the left empty SD slot.
4. Close display and select "Settings/Navigation/AddressBook/Transfer Data/Export" and select "stored locations" (not "home").
5. Export data (that will create the file on the card).
6. On the PC, save the "storedlocation.slc" file somewhere so we can fix things back to original.
7. Replace the file "storedlocation.slc" with my file from http://www.ev-nation.org/storedlocation.slc
8. Put the card back in the car and select "Settings/Navigation/AddressBook/Transfer Data/Import" and select "stored locations"

It should say import succeeded or something like that.

You will then have 17 new locations added to any you have saved. Every time you import, it just adds to what is there. You can clear the address book by selecting "Settings/Navigation/AddressBook/Delete Stored Locations"

Let me know if you have problems trying this.

Back