ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally ... just got this in email.

The Puget Sound Regional Council and Washington Department of Commerce are pleased to announce that the report Electric Vehicle Infrastructure: A Guide for Local Governments in Washington State is now available. You can view or download it from: http://www.psrc.org/transportation/ev/model-guidance.

We want to again express our gratitude to the Technical Advisory Committee and to those of you that provided input and assistance in developing this document. Best wishes for your future electric vehicle work.

http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/south_king/aub/business/99980939.html?period=W&mpStartDate=07-29-2010

New Nissan dealer opens in Auburn
The direction that Nissan is taking with their upcoming models, like the LEAF and Juke, will be a very popular choice in the Seattle market. We look forward to delivering outstanding sales and service support to Nissan owners in Washington state.

evnow said:
http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/south_king/aub/business/99980939.html?period=W&mpStartDate=07-29-2010

The direction that Nissan is taking with their upcoming models, like the LEAF and Juke, will be a very popular choice in the Seattle market. We look forward to delivering outstanding sales and service support to Nissan owners in Washington state.

Thanks for the heads up. There hasn't been one for a while in Auburn. The old Nissan building is still there but empty. Can't wait for the new one to open.

UnlimitedMPG said:
evnow said:

Thanks for the heads up. There hasn't been one for a while in Auburn. The old Nissan building is still there but empty. Can't wait for the new one to open.

I did a look up of Rairdon autos on www.bbb.org and they are NOT accredited with the BBB and their dealer ratings cover the full range from A to F for their various locations. http://alaskaoregonwesternwashington.bbb.org/Find-Business-Reviews/

Couldn't resist...

WA_LEAF_EV.jpg

DrPowell said:
Couldn't resist...

I like the "Hello Nissan ... Bye Gas".

My preference is for something like "Say No To Gas" - like the old "Say no to drugs". Afterall oil is an addiction :lol:

I tried a few things at DOT site - they all seem to get rejected. I'm going to just put a decal or two. There was also this message I found in Volt forum "Drive an EV. Starve a terrorist".

Here is a question to anyone who might know.

We know about the sales tax exemption for EVs. Is this only the WA sales tax or does that extend to King County / City ? WA I think is 6.5 - others are together some 2.1%. There is also supposed to be 0.3% extra for Lease !

Which of these sales tax are actually exempt ? Is it all of them - or just the 6.5% state tax ?

evnow said:
Here is a question to anyone who might know.

We know about the sales tax exemption for EVs. Is this only the WA sales tax or does that extend to King County / City ? WA I think is 6.5 - others are together some 2.1%. There is also supposed to be 0.3% extra for Lease !

Which of these sales tax are actually exempt ? Is it all of them - or just the 6.5% state tax ?

So far, it is sales tax without any county based break down. sales tax on cars is 0.3% higher than local sales tax. With the Ev however, it will not matter. You still have to pay excise tax or license and registration.

Yup, that's what I would say: only the 6.5% gets axed since it is a State law, not a County or City one, that was implemented.
This will make tax time a little more interesting as I believe you would only get to deduct that remaining portion of the sales tax that was for your local City/County. Definitely a case of needing to keep your paperwork in order so you'll know to whom you paid what..

TLeaf said:
Yup, that's what I would say: only the 6.5% gets axed since it is a State law, not a County or City one, that was implemented.

See what CampbellNelson is saying - new car sales tax works differently.

Reading through the State laws seems to indicate only a partial break for sales tax..
RCW 82.08.808 states that it is the tax imposed by RCW 82.08.020 that is not collected on electric vehicles.
RCW 82.08.020 states that there is a 6.5% and a 0.3% sales tax on new vehicles.

I would certainly love to find out otherwise, but I'm going to assume it's only the 6.8% (I didn't know about the 0.3% before) that doesn't get collected, leaving a 3.0% tax rate still in effect. Still around $1K, but not too bad compared to $3K+ otherwise...

TLeaf said:
Reading through the State laws seems to indicate only a partial break for sales tax..
RCW 82.08.808 states that it is the tax imposed by RCW 82.08.020 that is not collected on electric vehicles.
RCW 82.08.020 states that there is a 6.5% and a 0.3% sales tax on new vehicles.

I would certainly love to find out otherwise, but I'm going to assume it's only the 6.8% (I didn't know about the 0.3% before) that doesn't get collected, leaving a 3.0% tax rate still in effect. Still around $1K, but not too bad compared to $3K+ otherwise...

You probably mean 809 ?

RCW 82.08.808
Exemptions — Sales of medical supplies, chemicals, or materials to comprehensive cancer centers.

Oops, must have been the "other" forum I was thinking of with that 808... ;)

Yup, RCW 82.08.809 is the correct reference..

I doubt Anything has changed. I bought my 2010 prius in may of 2009 n paid no tax whatsoever show i m guessing it will albee waved

Sent from droid X

Hello, new to the forum, just wanted to say hi.

I also was going to ask, has anyone contacted their employer to see about installation of a charging station or two? I work for a large company with a reasonably sized campus that will likely have a couple of EV's buzzing around soon.

I can attest that Metro Transit has a few charging stalls at its newer/updated facilities (Eastgate, Issaquah Highlands, Burien, etc.), but these are only of the lowly Lvl 1 variety (110V). The proposed Burien Garage may have Lvl 2 chargers installed, but this is still in the design phase.

Has anyone else in Seattle area experienced delays in home assessment from ECOtality? We rec'd email from Nissan 7/27 saying we qualified for free home charger thru EV Project and to expect email from ECOtality soon (to schedule home assessment). It's now been over a month! I called Nissan, but the rep didn't have any info on assessment status nor contact info for ECOtality. Anyone have a similar experience but was able to get theirs resolved and home assessment scheduled? Thanks!

Did you check your spam folder? The email from ECOtality went into my spam folder. Even after replying, it took a couple of follow up emails to ECOtality before the local contractor (Bovis Lend Lease) called to schedule the assessment. After one re-schedule, we were finally able to get it taken care of yesterday. The inspector told me I was the last one in the area (Seattle) in the "first group", whatever that means.

Back