I'll take my chances with a battery fire

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sproqitman

Just a guess, but I don't think the Volt fire was anything like this:

mediaManager

In Nigeria, with virtually no enforced safety rules, tanker trucks blow up all the time, taking out all the cars around at the same time. A street that I was had had two trucks blow up within a few hundreds yards.

The best part is the fuel can leak out and catch fire someplace completely separate from the truck. Here's part of the 230 body bags from one explosion:

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/48247000/jpg/_48247062_009735585-2.jpg

Here's another recent one:

Nov 17, 2011 - Two fuel trucks exploded in the Nigerian capital of Abuja during rush-hour traffic Wednesday....
Police say both tankers exploded near gas stations but were separate incidents occurring in separate neighborhoods.

Jul 5, 2011 – Cameroon fuel truck explosion kills 15. By: Admin ... carrying smuggled fuel from Nigeria into Cameroon exploded at a border village...

smkettner said:
I like that it says "COOL" on the back of the truck :lol:

probably something oil but I can't make it out ;)
Ironically, its says "COOL Transports". Sounds and looks like something straight out of a Terminator movie.

Screen%252520shot%2525202011-12-14%252520at%25252010.16.43%252520PM.jpg

TonyWilliams said:
In Nigeria, with virtually no enforced safety rules, tanker trucks blow up all the time, taking out all the cars around at the same time. A street that I was had had two trucks blow up within a few hundreds yards..

Good - maybe that will reduce some of the Nigerian scam emails I'm always getting, plus all of the scammers messing with my ebay auctions and craigslist postings.

Back